Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

GeoDSL.com and others! Cheap domains with traffic. $4 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The purpose of a thread is to publicize the availability of a domain for sale.

Okay, then, why do ask:

Then what's the point of making a sale thread?

I'm not sure why you put the answer first, and then ask the question, but if the point of a sale thread is to publically announce that a domain is for sale, then the seller can accept the first offer, however made.

It seems there is a difference in understanding about how sale threads are supposed to work. In the absence of a stated rule, then "customary practice" applies. Thing is, there isn't an agreement on "cusomary practice" either.

Since I'm here to kibitz on legal issues, and don't participate in sales threads, then my question is this - Is there some other mechanism for advertising "I have X for sale for $Y"?

Now, someone got teed at me a while back for commenting on what seemed to be a sale dispute, but which had come out of an auction thread, so it's not clear to me whether the posting was intended as a general announcement that the domain was for sale, or whether some special forum rules were supposed to apply. Are these rules specified in connection with the forum where this thread started? If not, I'd tend to agree with GiantDomains, that if it was a general announcement of sale, then the seller can sell it to whomever got to him first, by whatever mechanism.

These are questions, not answers. For $4, I can't imagine getting worked up over it.

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks John. Next time, I plan to list a sale in my head; anyone who can practice telepathy can buy the domain at reg fee.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks John. Next time, I plan to list a sale in my head; anyone who can practice telepathy can buy the domain at reg fee.

SOLD!

Okay, now I'm sending you $10 via PayPal, and if you don't hand over the domain, then I'm going to slam your ass all the way down to Hal Meyer's board.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about gyros and a double ouzo on the rocks, are you sure? :-D

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
I was actually thinking about gyros and a double ouzo on the rocks, are you sure? :-D

My telepathy reveals that your mind was so indulged in the delicacies... :-D

...that you forgot to push the domain to me

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's recapture the entire event in a nutshell:

(1) Prior to your withdrawal, you had been justifying your rights to the domain by insisting that "Post Sold" was the only acceptable method of communication for this sales thread. Obviously by now, your justification no longer holds.

(2) On declaring your withdrawal, you officially gave up all your rights to the domain, if you have any rights in the first place.

(3) After your withdrawal, the seller had somehow decided to push the domain to you. Many fellow members expressed their views and questions. You chose to REMAIN SILENT on the real issues. Silence is consent. You understand very clearly that you have no rights to the domain.

From the very beginning, you do not even have the rights to the domain. Then, you withdrew your "rights" to the domain. YET, now you even have the cheek to quietly accept and keep the domain!! Are you not playing game?

The monetary value of this domain is immaterial in this incident. It is a matter of principle and professional ethics. If this thing can happen to a $4 domain, it can also happen to a $40, $400 or $4000 domain.

To accept and to keep the domain to which you have no rights is WRONG. You are setting a bad example for the entire DnForum community.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Chording,

It was not my choice that the seller decided to do as they please.
If you have a problem with the seller's decision, contact the seller.

As for your rant about me being a "bad example", I think my feedback speaks for itself.

I said it was nothing personal but now you're starting to piss me off.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread closed. No rules were broken in this sale, but members should set clearer rules to avoid these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom