Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

***Get your fresh snake oil here! Hilton.mobi DoubleTree.mobi EmbassySuites.mobi****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
man another Hilton is in the headlines again...

Hilton.mobi...I bet she is a real sucker too.

and a couple other no-namers, DoubleTree.mobi & EmbassySuites.mobi ....I guess these idiots designed these MOBI microsites to protect their trademarks??

Geeezz... I ask all these Philosopher Kings from Ivy League Schools including my sister, a recent Harvard grad, but nobody knows MOBI....

Folks keep talking about all this MOBI stuff being a brand. Here in Texas the only branding I've seen is the one on a cow's hide :?: :?: :?:

Folks tell me Marketing, Advertising & Branding nuke IT.

Folks say MOBI aint about a new technology, but more technologically useless things have caught on......hmmmmm

Maybe I should write a meaculpa to MOBI in my 2.5G pamplet???

Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Son, lemme tell ya' now...

take a little bit of that thar snake oil, mix in some real "mountain dew" elixir straight from the still here in En Caroline, get you a couple of swigs and the next thing you know ol' one eyed, two teeth Betty Sue be looking pertier and pertier and a whole heap of a lot more poundage than that Hilton bean pole.

You ain't seen no mobi or mobile til the girl get neked and rides that mechanical bull and the next thing you know she's a tossed into the air...that's what we here call MO-BILE!

YEE HAW!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pound:

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What yall talking about?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a .mobi supporter, but I just wish these companies wouldn't use .mobi for forwarding. All those hotel sites are pages of http://mobile.usablenet.com/ it would look much nicer if the domain stayed in the browser. But I guess the good side is that they are using .mobi, and hopefully advertising and promoting their .mobi sites.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
man another Hilton is in the headlines again...

Hilton.mobi...I bet she is a real sucker too.

and a couple other no-namers, DoubleTree.mobi & EmbassySuites.mobi ....I guess these idiots designed these MOBI microsites to protect their trademarks??

Geeezz... I ask all these Philosopher Kings from Ivy League Schools including my sister, a recent Harvard grad, but nobody knows MOBI....

Folks keep talking about all this MOBI stuff being a brand. Here in Texas the only branding I've seen is the one on a cow's hide :?: :?: :?:

Folks tell me Marketing, Advertising & Branding nuke IT.

Folks say MOBI aint about a new technology, but more technologically useless things have caught on......hmmmmm

Maybe I should write a meaculpa to MOBI in my 2.5G pamplet???

Um.. these domains just forward to .com sites. A site isn't really built on these .mobi domains. The sites are built and hosted on "mobile.usablenet.com"

I see this as no different than vodka.com being forwarded to russianstandard.com

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Um.. these domains just forward to .com sites. A site isn't really built on these .mobi domains. The sites are built and hosted on "mobile.usablenet.com"

I see this as no different than vodka.com being forwarded to russianstandard.com

2 words:branding, memorable

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Um.. these domains just forward to .com sites. A site isn't really built on these .mobi domains. The sites are built and hosted on "" mobile.usablenet.com

I think you are missing the point :disappointed:. There is no way that Hilton will advertise their mobile site as http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/index.do .

How will they advertise it...... anyone......anyone... That's right Hilton.mobi :yes:

It doesn't matter if you believe that the mTLD is needed or not. I think what we have invested in is the public perception of .mobi. Just as the average we b user thinks any web address ends with .com, we are banking on them to believe that to access a mobile site they will have to go to a .mobi site. :eek:k:

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 words:branding, memorable

First of all these companies are already branded. Everyone, well those not living in caves, know who these companies are. So, I think that if it where branding wouldn't it be the other way around?

Why wouldn't visitors stay on say "hilton.mobi" instead of being forwarded to another domain when they don't have to be forwarded? I'm just curious.

The reason "russian standard" works with vodka.com is they are branding themselves with a generic term, so people think "Russian Standard" after they type in vodka.com That's branding.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The .mobi snake oil sales department sold a bottle of snake oil to one person at Hilton. The other hotels are Hilton too. Where is the .mobi link on the Hilton home page?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The .mobi snake oil sales department sold a bottle of snake oil to one person at Hilton. The other hotels are Hilton too. Where is the .mobi link on the Hilton home page?

I heard they are now selling snake oil in all of Hilton's lobby gift shops.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My snake oil is the best...one part snake oil, 99 parts Wilkes County or Surry County corn mash...your choice.

Awesome. What url can I order that from? Or is it the rock on the tree stump leave a twenty under it; come back in half an hour and it's sitting there.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Awesome. What url can I order that from? Or is it the rock on the tree stump leave a twenty under it; come back in half an hour and it's sitting there.
Sounds like you've done this before.

One good sitting and drinking spell and I'll have you regging .mobi's like there's no tomorrow. Before you know it, we'll have your sister's name regged and a site up. Don't have no sister? No problem...we'll make one up! Damn fools won't know it actually Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee on the wee leetle cellular screen.

Part of being a good snake oil salesman is being a good snake handler.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've done this before.

Shh.... Just don't give away the location. :lol:

One good sitting and drinking spell and I'll have you regging .mobi's like there's no tomorrow. Before you know it, we'll have your sister's name regged and a site up. Don't have no sister? No problem...we'll make one up! Damn fools won't know it actually Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee on the wee leetle cellular screen.

My sister already has a site up. It's on a .com Everyone knows you can't spank it and drive at the same time while watching a girl on a webcam. Jeez.... don't you know anything? :blush:

Part of being a good snake oil salesman is being a good snake handler.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is the .mobi link on the Hilton home page?

Why do they need a mobile link on their homepage, if you are at their homepage already you don't need the mobile site. If they have built the site they will most likely start promoting it so guests will know they can access Hilton by mobile. So it should show up on their homepage and other advertising eventually. Companies that provide mobile access and sales will be ahead of the game compared to their competitors who do not.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do they need a mobile link on their homepage, if you are at their homepage already you don't need the mobile site. If they have built the site they will most likely start promoting it so guests will know they can access Hilton by mobile. So it should show up on their homepage and other advertising eventually. Companies that provide mobile access and sales will be ahead of the game compared to their competitors who do not.

You answered your own question.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it would be better to carry your laptop or pc in your pants pocket when you are traveling or on vacation. There really is no point in using your cell phone to look at a website when it is so itty bitty.

Besides, I don't know who in the hell would in their right mind promote another one of their own products or affiliates on their home page to help in branding and let their customers know that they can access Hilton no matter where they go.

How did anyone like this ever stay in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom