Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Go Daddy's New Account Security Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go Daddy sent me an email with their new 'Account Security' policies. This section is very one sided. You are responsible for changing your account log-in and password every 6 months and they can charge you for damages if your account name is stolen and used by someone. You should read it:

Go Daddy
Universal Terms of Service for Go Daddy Software and Services

4. ACCOUNT SECURITY.

You agree You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your customer number/login, password, credit card number, and shopper PIN (collectively, the "Account Access Information"). You agree You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your account. You agree to notify Go Daddy immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account or any other breach of security. You agree Go Daddy will not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of someone else using Your Account Access Information, either with or without Your knowledge. You further agree You could be held liable for losses incurred by Go Daddy or another party due to someone else using Your Account Access Information. For security purposes, You will be required to change Your password and shopper PIN every six (6) months, for every Go Daddy account, subject to Go Daddy's password and PIN guidelines. You should keep Account Access Information in a secure location and take precautions to prevent others from gaining access to Your Account Access Information. You agree that You will be responsible for all activity in Your account, whether initiated by You, or by others on Your behalf, or by any other means. Go Daddy specifically disclaims liability for any activity in Your account, whether authorized by You or not.

Just FYI.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You agree You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your account.

You agree Go Daddy will not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of someone else using Your Account Access Information, either with or
without Your knowledge.
---
You further agree You could be held liable for losses incurred by Go Daddy or another party due to someone else using Your Account Access Information.
---
You agree that You will be responsible for all activity in Your account, whether initiated by You, or by others on Your behalf, or by any other means. Go Daddy specifically disclaims liability for any activity in Your account, whether authorized by You or not.

that's outrageous. if something happens without the account owner's knowledge ,how can he be responsible.We have many times heard stories about account getting hacked... what happens in that case. Does one get the domain name back ? It's ridiculous.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then why put domains in godaddy if such policy? It is like dining in a restaurant, but the restaurant tells customers they are not responsible for food quality.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go Daddy sent me an email with their new 'Account Security' policies. This section is very one sided. You are responsible for changing your account log-in and password every 6 months and they can charge you for damages if your account name is stolen and used by someone. You should read it:

Go Daddy
Universal Terms of Service for Go Daddy Software and Services

4. ACCOUNT SECURITY.

You agree You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your customer number/login, password, credit card number, and shopper PIN (collectively, the "Account Access Information"). You agree You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your account. You agree to notify Go Daddy immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account or any other breach of security. You agree Go Daddy will not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of someone else using Your Account Access Information, either with or without Your knowledge. You further agree You could be held liable for losses incurred by Go Daddy or another party due to someone else using Your Account Access Information. For security purposes, You will be required to change Your password and shopper PIN every six (6) months, for every Go Daddy account, subject to Go Daddy's password and PIN guidelines. You should keep Account Access Information in a secure location and take precautions to prevent others from gaining access to Your Account Access Information. You agree that You will be responsible for all activity in Your account, whether initiated by You, or by others on Your behalf, or by any other means. Go Daddy specifically disclaims liability for any activity in Your account, whether authorized by You or not.

Just FYI.

don't forget that there have been some phishing attempts sent out recently, with a very authentic looking godaddy email.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't forget that there have been some phishing attempts sent out recently, with a very authentic looking godaddy email.

Yep, I'm sure they had a lot of complaints from that so they made these changes. When the renewals come up, I'm going to start moving some to Moniker, especially the ones I use.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems they are basically saying that if someone has access to your account, by whatever means, they are not responsible for whatever actions are initiated that way.

Now, seriously think about this for a minute....

How can they be responsible for your actions, someone you authorized, or even the actions of someone that hacked your crappy email account and got in that way?

They are not responsible for this. YOU are.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You missed section 5:

We are not responsible if our huge @ass banner takes up 3/4 of the width of your browser window, thus forcing the admin to resize your forum logo and steal its intended visual and branding impact.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You missed section 5:

Actually it's because 32% of our users are still uisng 1024 resolution... and did I mention I love the logo. ;)

-=DCG=-

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can they be responsible for your actions, someone you authorized, or even the actions of someone that hacked your crappy email account and got in that way?

Hence why I have one email address for the WhoIs contact (GMail) and one I've never published and only given to Moniker and GoDaddy as a registrar contact. It is not a free email but off of a domain that I don't even use (the domain forwards to another domain).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom