• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Godaddy actually caught one ! Not April Fools Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongvis

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 7, 2002
Messages
566
Reaction score
6
extrememods.com

nothing too exciting but godaddy actually apparently is running names . . . much too my suprise I might add
 
0 out of 6 today there!
 
Hey thats an ok domain. Nice catch!
 
thanks . . . 0 for 50 or so to get an ok domain
 
The best I got with godaddy was a domain with $370 bid on namewinner. Not bad at all but this is so rare...
 
I got a better chance at winning the lottery then getting a decent name with godaddy. I never have any luck with them.

RMF
 
They catch a few "normal" names here and there. Always around 1 in 6 range.

NW
 
They got 'AutoAuction.NET' for me in January. $1,020 at NW. 99K+ Overture. My best to date. I bought even more 'spots' after that but have gotten nothing great since, at all. The competition seems to get hotter and hotter. $810 for 'saved2.com' at NW yesterday. Wow. As to GD, they also got 'Calculators.NET' in December; I believe. I had one on it but pulled it off for something stupid and forgot to put it back. Darned. I actually collect the old 1970s calculators and transistor radios.
 
It's good to hear some success stories.

They haven't caught anything for me since Nov.
 
I have been using godaddy for a long time now, they get about 8/10 domain names for me on average... I mostly go for ones that were nicely developed in the past with tons of traffic :) I end up selling them for alot more then the original registration fee, woohoo!

As for namewinner, pool, etc... They will always come out on top over godaddy, If I really want a domain I will go with anybody but godaddy :)
 
Well, "surprise, surprise," GoDaddy caught two domains for me as well!! One each day, two days in a row!! And I had high NW's, Snap's, and both listed at Pool. "Holy Week" miracles?? Or are they finally getting serious about playing this game?? Go GoDaddy, go!! :party:
 
Wm. M. said:
Well, "surprise, surprise," GoDaddy caught two domains for me as well!! One each day, two days in a row!! And I had high NW's, Snap's, and both listed at Pool. "Holy Week" miracles?? Or are they finally getting serious about playing this game?? Go GoDaddy, go!! :party:

It's not funny reading posts like these without the name listed. It's only, at best, indicating that you've been drinking and starved so long of getting any drops via the expensive route, i.e. Pool and will settle for ikobobiazoh.com so long as ANYTHING converts :-#:

What name was it?
 
I'd love to tell you about one now but I can't because the plural is dropping soon. The other is impactidentity.com, as in a combination of the marketing terms "impact" and "internet identity." (Already have impactID.com)
 
I see you go for brandable names, M. No offense meant, but if Goddady regularly hand catches something either than brandable imagination and extrememods.com, give us a shout. Godaddy sucks and should stick to sucking money from cross-selling, overselling and mooshselling, not drip catching imho.
 
they pick up the left overs here and there.. ;0
 
Fellas,

So "some" of the names I like are highly specialized and are meant for future devel. and have no or almost no traffic right now. Whoop-dee-doo! Not the point! I had the high NW bids on both, the Snaps, and had them both listed at Pool: GoDaddy got 'em! That's the point!

They havn't picked up anything for me since middle of Jan. All of a sudden, this thread appears and I'm also seeing results. That's also the point.

Wm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom