Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

domacq

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This goes back a few months when I created a new godaddy account for my business. I am new to the forum so thought I would share my experiences plus also see if it has happened to anyone else also?

Got the business debit card ready... registered 38 .com domain names (all of which were not trademark names etc.) paid... no problems with natwest, for once, payment taken.

Then, could you believe it..? They suspended the domains!! I got a refund from Godaddy 2 weeks later but they didn't release the domains and assumed ownership of them. This means it wasn't as simple as waiting 2-4 weeks or so and registering the domains with a better registrar such as name.com

I then had to get .co.uk names instead.

Is 38 names too much for bulk registration? I know many registrars allow bulk of 400-1000 per go. Or was it because it was the first transaction? They wanted me to provide passport as photo ID and company bank account statements.

Domain Summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, online retailers want to verify the identity of customers paying by credit cards, especially if it's a new user account. You may have triggered fraud screening through no fault of your own. It just happens.
Could happen at other registrars too.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and you didn't contact them because..>?

domacq

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think you are right Katherine. I may have been overacting but I have been a customer for coming up to 8 years and spent many thousands on domain names in that time (with little on hosting and SSL certs).

domacq

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
and you didn't contact them because..>?

I contacted them but they wanted a full colour scan of a passport (amongst a list of other things) sent to them through insecure email.

Of course, this was made impossible due to the fact I didn't have a current passport (expired few months before).

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may have been a longtime customer, but you created a new account? Why on earth? It is like you were asking for something like this...

You may be innocent of any ill intent, but your behavior mimicked that of someone with something to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom