• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

GoDaddy deletes domain b/c of Bad Email Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
734
Reaction score
2
Yesterday I wrote about how GoDaddy canceled the domain registration of someone because their email address in Whois was wrong. They had the right postal address and phone number, but wrong e-mail:

Article 1

Today, GoDaddy responded. I'm personally not satisifed with their response and it makes me question keeping any of my domains there:

GoDaddy's response
 
Same person that complained registered it? That's very shady. I'm surprised they fell for that. I would guess, if they deleted all names with improper whois in their system they would lose xxx,xxx domains.
 
Same person that complained registered it? That's very shady. I'm surprised they fell for that. I would guess, if they deleted all names with improper whois in their system they would lose xxx,xxx domains.

I don't know if it's the same person
 
I'm betting it was though ;)
 
it can happen...gotta make sure your email is legit as it's the most important aspect of the whois!
 
better yet don't use godaddy
 
If you report a domain for invalid whois info, Godaddy will send the registrant an email notifying them to update their information. If they do not within 10 days (don't quote me on this), they will set the domain to redemption period. After 30-45 days (again dont quote me) it will be released.

Now I also believe if they send the owner an email to update their information, they may also be assessed an administrative fee.
 
generally speaking i am quite happy with their level of service. never had any problems in particular
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom