Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy keeps black listing my credit card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use a netspend prepaid card for my purchases and to renew my hosting with godaddy. I just tried to renew my hosting plan and my card would not go through. So I called them. This happened a couple months ago and when I called the guy said that the card had been black listed because they tried to bill it and it was denied. He was able to remove it from the "blacklist" and I was able to pay the following day. Now this has happened again and the woman this time told me that it is once again black listed with the fraud department and I can no longer use that form of payment.
Has anyone else had this issue? It is a prepaid card that I load money onto whenever I need to make an online purchase. Godaddy is the only place I have had this issue with and I am REALLY fed up with it!!

Domain Summit 2024

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the problem with prepaid and low limit credit cards... oftentimes, pre-authorizations will be placed on certain transactions to ensure that the funds are available. If that authorization amount exceeds whatever available credit you might have, or whatever funds you have loaded on the card, it can cause the transaction to be declined, thus causing the merchant (godaddy) to think there's something the matter with the card.

Another instance where the same card may have been denied could have been when you had a domain on autorenew, and you didn't have the necessary funds on the card to cover the renewal fee. This happened to me on domain renewals before I got my first credit card when I turned 18.

My advice to you would be to either load some "extra" funds onto the card so that you're always able to cover purchases (up to a reasonable amount), or to get a "real" credit card.

Even if you have no credit history, many banks will let you have one if you put down a deposit for the full amount of the credit limit.

Hope this helps!

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Maxwell. I have never had this issue with godaddy in the past with this card as I have used it with them for the past couple years. This is something that has only started happening within the past few months and this is the second time it has happened. I loaded way more than the $8.99 I was trying to use it for with them. As I mentioned, the first time it happened they were able to take it off the black list and I was able to use it the following day. This time they are telling me that I can no longer use it at all no matter what!!
You are correct though. It has happened both time when I was set for autorenew and the card got declined because I had not loaded it yet. The first time it happened the man I spoke with was very helpful and was able to get the issue resolved. This time the woman that I spoke with was quite pushy, trying to insist that I use another form of payment rather than trying to resolve the issue and would not allow me to speak with anyone in the "fraud" department, who she said had the card blacklisted.
After being with godaddy for the past 5-6 years I am now seriously considering changing companies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After being with godaddy for the past 5-6 years I am now seriously considering changing companies.

EVERYBODY says that ;)

Everyone also says that about paypal. And in a parallel manner, about facebook, too. But they all seem to come crawling back.

I've learned that you just have to live with the "giants" of any given field, since their dominance and reach saves you much more time and money than upholding any principle might be worth.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be the AVS (address verification) check that fails. Enom/namejet have that problem sometimes. Make sure that name address etc exactly match the info in possession of the issuer (unless it's a no-name card).
I sometimes get notifications from namejet for domains won, that the credit card could not be debited, but 20 minutes later I receive another mail with confirmation of order. And it's a regular credit card, not prepaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom