Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

GoDaddy Reseller Question - Eff. Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never opened a GoDaddy account, but am thinking of opening an account with a GoDaddy reseller. Can someone quickly tell me if having the account at EffectiveInternet.com would be the same as having a standard GoDaddy account, so that I could push and receive names to people who signed up at GoDaddy as well as at the reseller?

My experience has been with Enom. You can push and receive names to post other Enom resellers as well as the main Enom site (with a few exceptions, like NameCheap).

Thanks. I sent a question to Effective Internet support but that could take a day or two to answer and I will use them today if I can transfer to regular GoDaddy accounts (that would save me having to open an account at the main site to receive names I buy from others who are registered at GoDaddy)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The ONLY difference between eNom and GoDaddy is that eNom sells retail at $29.95 while GoDaddy $8.95, just 20 cents higher than e.g. EffectiveInternet.com's $8.75. (Their transfer prices are the same at $7.75!)

My question therefore is: why would anyone go with a GoDaddy reseller?

I am asking this question because I'm also considering reselling and am choosing between eNom, GoDaddy and OpenSRS.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because Effective Internet is currently selling .US and .BIZ for $5.95. I don't care where the GoDaddy account is - only want it to receive names already registered there. I much prefer Enom as my main registrar (a close friend has a GoDaddy account and isn't happy with them).

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duke, you can open an account with Wild West Domains and get the same .us and .biz promotion.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Point8T
Duke, you can open an account with Wild West Domains and get the same .us and .biz promotion.

Yes...but I have now heard that the names registered at Wild West or any GoDaddy reseller can not be pushed back and forth to GoDaddy (and Enom can do with the reseller accounts). I only wanted open one account so I could receive domains from sellers who use GoDaddy (preferrably without opening a Godaddy account)

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The advantage of the $99 WWD account is a fully cusomizable interface. You will be able to brand the site to your own specs, not jsut choose a few logos.

I am going to try it out for a year. My only question is, after i create an account with WWD, what do i set the DNS to (on my domain which i created the account for)? The dont seem to say it anywhere. Can you ask your friends please? Thanks.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For you to use the FREE forwarding, you have to use the DNS provided by WWD. You have the option to set your own DNS also.

tw

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

Yes...but I have now heard that the names registered at Wild West or any GoDaddy reseller can not be pushed back and forth to GoDaddy (and Enom can do with the reseller accounts). I only wanted open one account so I could receive domains from sellers who use GoDaddy (preferrably without opening a Godaddy account)

I know there is a wait period of 2 months. I will contact them to know about the push from wwd to godaddy account.

tw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom