Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Godaddy Stole A Domain From Me

domaincoil

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is the situation ,
I have(had) a domain with godaddy 3L.org , i just recieved an email from them saying that the domain name has expired and its not in my portfolio anymore. a couple of months agao there was a security breach in home depot stores and my bank send me a new card so the card that i use for my godaddy account wasnt good anymore. a week or so ago i renewed all of my godaddy domaine names .but i lost a domain name that cost me some money to buy.
godaddy said that the only way for me to get it back is through their domain name sale services .
I'mvery upset that they didn't call me to let me know that the domain name was about to expire.

what can i do legaly to get the domain name back

thanks for your help

p.s sorry for the broken english:)

Domain summit 2024

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to rephrase your statement. Godaddy did not steal your domain.
It's your fault that you did not update your record for the new credit card.
There is no other option but you have to go to domain name sale service as godaddy said.

Do not accuse other people because it's your fault. No one steal your name!!!!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everybody must maintain a list of domains names with renewal dates.
Never ever depend on the courtesy reminders from your registrar. This is the best way to lose domains.
The reminders may actually have been sent, but trapped as spam.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domain name sale service? what did gd mean by that? cannot tell if it's on the after market on gd and they want you to bid on your own domain now -or they might want you to user the domain buy service gd offers.

if it's domain buy where you'd pay gd both flat fee plus 10% commission ask them who you'd be buying it from --as it would be funny if gd is the domain owner now.

domaincoil

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need to rephrase your statement. Godaddy did not steal your domain.
It's your fault that you did not update your record for the new credit card.
There is no other option but you have to go to domain name sale service as godaddy said.

Do not accuse other people because it's your fault. No one steal your name!!!!

All they had to do is calling me , they did that in the past when I had domain names that were less valuable and asked me if I want to let them expire ! .

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think they have the time to call every single customer.
They do call but they randomly pick the customer.
Imagine how many customers they have with your situation and how many employees they have.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You got the email saying it expired. Clearly, you get email from them.

So why did you ignore all of the emails they send to say your domain is going to expire, it is about to expire, your payment did not work, this is your last chance, etc?

If you don't treat your business like a business and keep tabs on your inventory, don't expect anybody to accept responsibility when things go badly.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3L.ORG has been sold on the gd after market(as far as i can tell) to someone in menlo park, ca lol(where facebook and mark z. are i believe) and they even took the domain to enom afterward.
gd is telling you to use domain-buy to make an offer to new owner and try to get it back. if they are indeed rich folk your offer better be a good one lol- good luck.
-i am sorry this has happened to a domainer and it is a nn.org which go for around mid-high three figures at least.

--i think that on any market place if your domain is sold and it's found the registrant is at fault there's not much gd can do. if a high officer at godaddy wanted to help you they could have asked the new owner to consider what happened to you, but it is a long shot especially when they've already taken possession of your domain and it's been paid for, even taken to a different registrar.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators