Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

godaddy Unlisted Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadserious

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from godaddy saying they're now offering unlisted domains.

Dear Go Daddy Visitor,

There's danger out on the Internet. You've heard the horror stories – maybe even experienced one yourself.

Simple nuisance spam – where all the spammer has is your email address – is one thing. You can just ignore it.

But what if a spammer also has your name, address and phone number? That could lead to identity theft, stalking, invasion of privacy... even worse.

Believe me: The bad guys are out there looking for you, with sophisticated spy ware and robot software programs. They want the information you're legally required to provide when you register a domain name. But we're proud to announce that we have a solution!

Special Introductory Offer –
NEW! Domains By Proxyâ„¢ keeps your
personal information private for only $6 per year!
(Prorated to a domain's expiration date.)

Go Daddy has always protected your privacy, but now we've boosted your protection to a whole new level! With Domains By Proxy, our sister company, your personal information is kept private. This process is new and so unique that it is supported by two patent applications.

For only $6 per year per domain, a private domain registration will:
Stop and/or not be subject to domain related spam.
Deter identity fraud and theft.
Stop harassers, stalkers and data miners cold in their tracks.
Allow you to run your home business without the prying eyes or intervention of others.
Protect your identity if you "moonlight".
And more!
So why leave yourself exposed? Enjoy security and peace of mind at the introductory price of just $6 per year per domain with a private domain registration. It works on any new, existing or transferred domain. Order now!

I think it is $6.00 per year plus registrations fee.
So what do you think is it for real, anyone tried it or going to try it?

Check it out:

http://registrar.godaddy.com/dbp.asp?isc=&se=+&from_app=

Isn't it a law or something to where the information has to be made publically available?

Well i doubt they're doing it if it's illegal, but what are your opinions on unlisted domains? Do you like the idea?

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
doesnt godaddy already have a protection in place on their whois?? now they are gonna charge for it?

deadserious

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think they had any protection other then requiring a password, which they gave to you.

urlguru

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by strongvis
doesnt godaddy already have a protection in place on their whois?? now they are gonna charge for it?

they did the same thing with 'free transfer of ownership'

that's why i transferred @100-200 names to them, and then when a sale came around it cost me $50 to transfer it ... it sucked, but i think after a ton of complaints they brouht the price down.

urlguru

R

rider8

There is no protection on the WhoIs, if your name appears in the admin info. Go Daddy's service is $6/year, their DomainsByProxy information shows up on the admin whois, they own the domain, BUT -- YOU have complete control over the domain, as if it were under your own name, no one else, anywhere, knows who really owns the domain, so you won't get spammed like lots of people did by Verisign, Register.com, and this one -- http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/private_ftc.asp. And you can tell them what kind of outside information you want to receive -- email and snailmail. It's just another form of protection and privatizing your information.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
urlguru: $50 godaddy ownership transfer? What is it about? They offer free ownership transfers right now, aren't they?
From their first page:
FREE! Domain forwarding!
FREE! Change of domain ownership!
FREE! Parked page w/ every domain!
FREE! Domain Name Locking!

d'backs

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$50.00 trans of owner was changed to $9.99 last year and is now free like the home page states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators