Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

GODADDY whois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy has no direct whois !

"In order to protect the privacy of our customers, Go Daddy Software has implemented a process that prevents unscrupulous spammers from running scripts that acquire email addresses from our WHOIS service (which in accordance with ICANN policy must be made available to the public). The password you see is provided in graphic format and cannot be read by a script. Only humans can read it. By taking a moment to key in the password you are doing your part to eliminate SPAM."

http://registrar.godaddy.com/whois.asp

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bennoart, this must be the first time you've ever done a whois on a godaddy name - it's been like that for a long time :)

No direct whois does not mean you cannot do it indirectly. :laugh:
Winfreecash taught me to pick dumpster from backdoor of 5star hotel, not front door.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes bennoart, there are other Whois you can use to access Go Daddy's whois through the backdoor. Unfortunately, I don't have a URL for you at this moment. Well post here again when I do find one. I have some much in my head at this point
:)

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godaddy aint the only one that has this non direct whois.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may use whois of www.tv and you will find the complete whois database of godaddy.com if the domain registered with godaddy.com

;)

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They used to have an extremely limited WHOIS, even more limited than the .UK WHOIS. It only listed the registrant name and the name servers - NOTHING else.

But now, it's just gone back to a normal WHOIS. (Name,Phone,Email - everything!).

I bet a lot of people are peed off because they chose GoDaddy so they didn't have to disclose all their details and open themselves to truckloads of spam.

Bad move, Godaddy - you're not the Daddy anymore!

Another note - it takes ages to register a domain at Godaddy, especially if you open a new account.
You have to setup a Shopper ID and password AND an Account ID and password.
Then you have to go through pages of crap 'special offers' like 'Redirect to a page of your choice. WOW! Quick - get it now. Only $19.99 a year' - errr... what's special about that???!!!

Originally posted by devolution
They used to have an extremely limited WHOIS, even more limited than the .UK WHOIS. It only listed the registrant name and the name servers - NOTHING else.

But now, it's just gone back to a normal WHOIS. (Name,Phone,Email - everything!).

I bet a lot of people are peed off because they chose GoDaddy so they didn't have to disclose all their details and open themselves to truckloads of spam.

Bad move, Godaddy - you're not the Daddy anymore!

Another note - it takes ages to register a domain at Godaddy, especially if you open a new account.
You have to setup a Shopper ID and password AND an Account ID and password.
Then you have to go through pages of crap 'special offers' like 'Redirect to a page of your choice. WOW! Quick - get it now. Only $19.99 a year' - errr... what's special about that???!!!

OR, you can email a go daddy representative and they will do the work for you.:razz:

Personally, I like the extra security of having two logins and passwords.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh
No direct whois does not mean you cannot do it indirectly. :laugh:
Winfreecash taught me to pick dumpster from backdoor of 5star hotel, not front door.

GOH, you crazy man - quack me up! :laugh:

quack :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators