Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Goldkey.com is down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wont resolve for me either - in Vancouver, Canada

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are growing, and I've had down time with them before, so I'm not worried about a few min. of down time. It's called growing pains lol

But they are back, just slooooooooow loading

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand they are growing, but it might be time to support that growth with additional investment.

I tried other Goldkey hosted sites and they are down as well. That downtime can mean quite a bit of revenue lost for quite a few people.

Mr. Deleted said:
They are growing, and I've had down time with them before, so I'm not worried about a few min. of down time. It's called growing pains lol

But they are back, just slooooooooow loading

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So that people don't send me more PM's asking "why did you leave GoldKey?" over and over - their downtime & sluggish loading pages was one of the reasons.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
So that people don't send me more PM's asking "why did you leave GoldKey?" over and over - their downtime & sluggish loading pages was one of the reasons.
I could care less if someone does not like them. But I do not like when people talk bad about something and have not really tested it. And 5 days is not very long time to test.

As for the down time, not that I like it, and I think they should get a few more servers, I'll wait and see what happens.

As for rev, I have made more in 3 weeks then in a few month at Domainsponsor.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sorry - my time is money and my domains are not to be parked at sub-par newcomers like GK with extensive downtime and unreachable networks. I'm back with Sedo and have no plans to leave in the near future.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i tested goldkey since early may - and i am ready t move - revenue is down the drain - website(s) down the drain and support down the...wait a minute... WHAT SUPPORT ?

this message was approved by wolfis.com

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, all of my domains are still down too.

DNAholic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying GK out, sounds really bad though, I think I will stick with sedo. Tried DomainSponsor for 6 weeks, they are not very good either. Made more in 3 days with sedo then I did in 6 weeks at DS with one of my domains. I guess they were not very good with dishing out ads for that particular category. While I am on that topic, may I ask who uses DS here and finds it better then sedo, what category of domains are they best at? I tried 4 domains which all performed poorly there.

Cheers

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dna, different names work for different PPC sites. You will just have to experiment more with other names, rather then the ones you used at DS.

DNAholic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeh, thats why I am asking which types of domains perform good at DS :)

Shaggy said:
Dna, different names work for different PPC sites. You will just have to experiment more with other names, rather then the ones you used at DS.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have few MP3 names there that were making .50/day with sedo and now are making $1.50/day.

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Sorry - my time is money and my domains are not to be parked at sub-par newcomers like GK with extensive downtime and unreachable networks. I'm back with Sedo and have no plans to leave in the near future.

Exactly, goldkey takes to long to do anything! I wasted too much time already with them. They are getting away with too high of a revshare to begin with.

Edit: although the 15% increase for July is a notable step in the right direction

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Btw, what happened to the site-map thing at GK?

1. What about the sites that have more than 512 keywords ? Will they keep them locked or unlock them so that people can see some traffic again? Should domainers wait a day or so for GK to un-lock the domains or they should just move out of GK? Any suggestions by GK so far?

2. Even if you use less than 512 keywords, then eventually you will go over 512 keywords because anytime a visitor search something and click on that....GK create a link to that in sitemap. So what about this issue? How will you keep control on 512 limit?

3. I guess DS appears now more stable than GK traffic wise but DS earnings also fluctuate way too much. So where do the domains go now :)

Thanks.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick , i got an idea : just point the domains to my main website for a couple of days -

ohh,here is the url for it : http://www.wolfis.com

you can use masked forwarding or pm me for my nameserver info .

(sorry,no revenue share there , but it still sounds good to me..)

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:
Rick , i got an idea : just point the domains to my main website for a couple of days -

ohh,here is the url for it : http://www.wolfis.com

you can use masked forwarding or pm me for my nameserver info .

(sorry,no revenue share there , but it still sounds good to me..)

Sure Wolfis....:)

Btw, is GK going to keep domains locked and kill even all the natural traffic? Or are they planning to un-lock people's domains? I think traffic is now half of what you will generally get even if domains were not at GK and revenue is .... well like you said ~ no revenue

I guess content based adsense is the better way to earn money....only if I had enough time on hand :(

Thanks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if the whole thing is a scam.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
System Message:
System outage: Due to reasons beyond our control, we are experiencing network difficulties. Our upstread providers are working to correct the situation caused by our explosive growth. We will compensate our partners for lost revenue. Thank you for your support.

----

this things happend... not like they took down their service/s on purpose. just relax, you will be "compensated"

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:
i tested goldkey since early may - and i am ready t move - revenue is down the drain - website(s) down the drain and support down the...wait a minute... WHAT SUPPORT ?

this message was approved by wolfis.com

Are uniques also down?
Then maybe sitemaps already banned from search engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom