Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Goldkey.com is down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else's sitemaps disappeared?

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brn2h8 said:
Has anyone else's sitemaps disappeared?

They were probably taken off for now because they had the potential to put everyone's names at risk of getting banned in the search engines.

dajimbo

** Mr. White **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sitemaps are still there, they are just now called "Related Topics".
(find the link in the bottom left corner of your page)

NameYourself said:
They were probably taken off for now because they had the potential to put everyone's names at risk of getting banned in the search engines.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dajimbo said:
Sitemaps are still there, they are just now called "Related Topics".
(find the link in the bottom left corner of your page)
Yep... Hey the other day I tryed to access dot.us, and it was down.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an update: It seems that Goldkey is down again this morning, about 10:47 central U.S. time.

I only have a couple domains with them, but was looking to move more there. Now, I'll have to wait and see.

financialtraffic said:
As an update: It seems that Goldkey is down again this morning, about 10:47 central U.S. time.

I only have a couple domains with them, but was looking to move more there. Now, I'll have to wait and see.

Hmm, working fine now. Still, it seems like they are having quite a few problems with their servers.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Goldkey is still having problems. I had high hopes for these guys, but with my best names (in that acct anyway) down for a long time, it's hurting. Hope they can pull it together and Google and MSN come around, but probably not. Just can't afford to have those names banned. Can pull up the Goldkey front page and the admin, but most names are still not coming up. Thought maybe they got things cleared thru Yahoo, but also appears that may not be working out either. Know I'm not alone in wishing these guys success, but had my doubts going in.
Doc :bandit:

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
I have few MP3 names there that were making .50/day with sedo and now are making $1.50/day.

Making $1.50/day with which service?

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Hope they can pull it together and Google and MSN come around, but probably not. Just can't afford to have those names banned. Doc :bandit:

Please put some more light on what exactly you mean by all this scary talk for domainers?

Why will google, msn, and yahoo penalize domainers who parked at GK? What GK does with their system is not under control of domainers.

Thanks.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rickkumar said:
Why will google, msn, and yahoo penalize domainers who parked at GK? What GK does with their system is not under control of domainers.

Thanks.

Sitemaps

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rickkumar said:
Please put some more light on what exactly you mean by all this scary talk for domainers?

Thanks.

If I can Rick.

I agree with a lot of the comments by Adam and others in this thread

http://www.dnforum.com/thread103465--Gold+key.html

It appears that Goldkey earns revenue only thru Yahoo/Overture. Google and MSN do spider the sites, but appear to penalize them for the system and lack of content. That is reflected in the extremely low visitor count in the Goldkey stats by those two engines. Lately it also looks like Yahoo itself is having a problem with the system because visitors and clicks have dropped off to maybe 4% of what they were the week prior in samples taken. The system has been taken down by the administrators and new restrictions put in place on one of their main methods of click revenue, and that looks like it can only be due to Yahoo's reeling them in. With nothing in these sites that benefit Google or MSN (no content and no ad revenue) and only a negative response by surfers using their search if they index or rank these sites, banning them because they are obviously created only as lead in pages to yahoo ads is very possible. That's what worries me.

I'd love to see Goldkey work out, it would be my gain right along with them, even without Google or MSN etc. If they do, I'm right there with them. But unless it becomes obvious that Yahoo is also with them in this venture and everything is cool, it looks like it could be a big risk in their vehicle going towards a cliff, careening off, and leaving us scratching back at the edge with a hand out to Google to help pull us back up. At that point we might see Google standing there with a sign saying "Sorry, you screwed up, Banned!" :emba:
Doc

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:

Well all sites provide sitemaps......its nothing new and I have seen thousands of sites getting high SE ranks who are doing it same or even more

In fact I have seen DNF's parking sites just do the same thing that GK did. Are all those domains banned from SEs? I don't think so.

Plus did domainers submit their sites to SEs. .... NO

So if SEs ban domainers sites by flexing their muscles, there may be some legal implications of that involving lawsuits in to billions of dollars of losses.

I don't think SE just go about banning sites based on just 1 or 2 criteria. One must be totally idiot to do a series of things "on purpose" to get banned.

SEs are much more smarter than what we all think....those people are best of the best that work at SEs. They probably have a site banning criteria written right in to their algorithm based on a series of checks.

Thanks,

Rick

Stocdoctor said:
If I can Rick.

I agree with a lot of the comments by Adam and others in this thread

http://www.dnforum.com/thread103465--Gold+key.html

It appears that Goldkey earns revenue only thru Yahoo/Overture. Google and MSN do spider the sites, but appear to penalize them for the system and lack of content. That is reflected in the extremely low visitor count in the Goldkey stats by those two engines. Lately it also looks like Yahoo itself is having a problem with the system because visitors and clicks have dropped off to maybe 4% of what they were the week prior in samples taken. The system has been taken down by the administrators and new restrictions put in place on one of their main methods of click revenue, and that looks like it can only be due to Yahoo's reeling them in. With nothing in these sites that benefit Google or MSN (no content and no ad revenue) and only a negative response by surfers using their search if they index or rank these sites, banning them because they are obviously created only as lead in pages to yahoo ads is very possible. That's what worries me.

I'd love to see Goldkey work out, it would be my gain right along with them, even without Google or MSN etc. If they do, I'm right there with them. But unless it becomes obvious that Yahoo is also with them in this venture and everything is cool, it looks like it could be a big risk in their vehicle going towards a cliff, careening off, and leaving us scratching back at the edge with a hand out to Google to help pull us back up. At that point we might see Google standing there with a sign saying "Sorry, you screwed up, Banned!" :emba:
Doc

With all due respect, I disagree with you that you agree with some of the comments by some people.

In fact the people who try to preach 'right vs wrong' are doing many wrongs.....I won't post it here but registering TMs (plus how they are doing it- tricks/cheating), spamming SEs, bad-mouthing other services out of jealousy, etc etc. I can open volumes on these so called leaders of domainers, but again I won't as I want to see us all progress and not fight.

Some of these people are supposed to be helping the domainers but they are infact hurting us all and it is in fact more than evident from the 'smell of jealousy' coming out of their posts.

Also I think all PPC services are in fact against the logic of all SEs anyway, but all of them associate with one or the another so PPC is a legitimate and valid source of helping the customers find what they want quickly.

I do however agree withrest of your statements and views.

Just got carried away a bit....you know :wink:

Thanks.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there response to me is there is no responce. very poor i have lost all but 10% of my traffic in the last week. They don't even say anything with 3500 domain names there
you think they would say boo. I advixe at this time don't put any domain names there.
your wasting your time and there wasting peoples money because time is money

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the latest announcement/notice from goldkey;

Topic: Domain Sitemap / Date: July 23, 2005.

During the week of July 17th, we experienced some unstable network connectivity. Despite warnings over a month ago, our hosting company and their upstream provider were not able to keep up with our bandwidth requirements. On Sunday, July 23rd, we will be moving to RackSpace.com where we have virtually unlimited bandwidth at a datacenter with several upstream providers. This hosting solution should be able to keep up with our network demands regardless of our growth.

To compensate for the unstable network, GoldKey.com will be providing an additional 15% revenue to all partners for the entire month of July. For example, if your July revenue is $10,000, you will get an additional $1,500 for a total of $11,500 for the month of July.

Domains that use the GoldKey DNS's (ns1.goldkey.com and ns2) or URL fowarding ( with "stage" URL) will be unaffected. People who have entered one of our existing server's IP addresses into another DNS will have to update their domain configuration data to use one of our new servers. Those IP addresses will become available as soon as the transition is complete on Sunday. For the next few weeks, our servers at the old hosting company will be forwarding HTTP requests to the new servers at RackSpace so you can take your time changing IP settings for your domains. We advise you to make the change as early as you can so that visitors are not redirecting through that problematic network.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i tested goldkey since early may - and i am ready t move - revenue is down the drain - website(s) down the drain and support down the...wait a minute... WHAT SUPPORT ?

The respond to my questions within a 2 hour period. Please give proof.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that when they complete the move to RackSpace we'll see improvement. 15% bonus on the whole month's revenue is pretty generous.

Right now it's DomainSponsor that is down (at least the stat servers). They did warn ahead of time about maintenance this weekend.

These are still the top two PPC services that are open to almost anyone, IMHO.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
healingsites said:
I think that when they complete the move to RackSpace we'll see improvement. 15% bonus on the whole month's revenue is pretty generous.

Right now it's DomainSponsor that is down (at least the stat servers). They did warn ahead of time about maintenance this weekend.

These are still the top two PPC services that are open to almost anyone, IMHO.

Agree with most of your comments.

Btw, most of GK domains are back up again and indexing has started again.

Thanks.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I emailed google questioning if my site would be banned if its on Gold Key, better to be sure, then not to be sure :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom