Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Good Software for domain name management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebrdomains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any kind of software that you can use to mange your domain names and websites such as where my domains are registered and where my websites are hosted etc. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Coopey

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Microsoft Excel, (or similar spreadsheet program).

No need to pay out any more money, no need to worry about a third party having access to your registrar passwords, and your file can be stored safe and secure on your own computer instead of a less-secure location on the internet.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainpunch.com

-=DCG=-

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rebel.com can give you the same service.

Though I only prefer to use enom, godaddy or moniker for my domains. Enough info to remember.

DomainWiz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

vistaxie

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainInspect that i am using

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its been more then 6 months, i have been able to install domaininspect on my system
i downloaded from their website, from other places as well , but of no use

It installs 100%, and then when it launches, it shows updating the files from the server and then suddenly "corrupt data program ... " something..
I cleaned my registry, everything ,,,, please help ..

also, can any one suggest a bluk whois software which shows the expiry date, name servers beside other details for .in /.co.in domains ..
help

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can use Open Office, it's pretty much the same but free: http://www.openoffice.org/

I've been using OpenOffice for domain management since 2006. :) It's tidy, secure and it works just fine. Definitely not as fancy as dedicated domaining software, but I really don't want to put my domain info into any 3rd party domaining software. What if the developer is a crook and all the info gets uploaded somewhere? :uhoh: .. I'm not saying that is the case, but I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to my domain names.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
+1 for Microsoft Excel and/or OpenOffice. I am quite wary about delegating authority to third parties (other than the registrars) to do domain management, unless only auth keys (and not actual passwords and login info) are used to do the data exchange about portfolios registered.

My $0.03

Rob

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been trying out Protrada for the past couple days and I love it. I have only moved over about 30 domains there so far, very mediocre domains, but I am about to move a portfolio of about 300, then eventually move over a bulk of others.

It's a pretty awesome all-in-one service. Free trial in my sig if you want to check it out.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used google apps - excel, saved in the cloud. I have access wherever and whenever I need it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
notepad or excel

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
Thank you for the shout out. Very pleased you found Protrada to be helpful.

We recently replaced our free trial with a free monthly account that includes 10 free credits for building websites or listing domains for sale.

Please PM us if we can assist in any way.

Regards,
Team Protrada

Entropy

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over the last 18 months or so, I've been trialling quite a few applications whose primary function is to manage domain portfolio(s). There are some good ones out there, thought they're almost all very similar to a moderately simple Excel (or similar) spreadsheet with a selection of predefined functions to aid sorting by various fields.

Given some time, I'd be happy to create a tutorial on how to set up an Excel (or similar application) workbook including instructions on setting up the various functions required to sort, group and calculate the required data.

Now, if you are after a dedicated portfolio management application for Windows, then listen to Adam and go with DomainPunch (though this is probably the only application I've not yet tried, mainly because Mac OSX is my platform of choice, but I dare say that if Adam swears by it then it must be good).

For a Mac OSX-based application, I'd recommend DomainBrain, though this is exclusively for Mac and is still in its relative infancy (it was recently acquired by Joe Workman, a well-known programmer/designer who makes add-ons and themes for the popular Mac web-design app RapidWeaver). This is not to say that it's not a great alternative, rather that it may not yet have all the features that a serious domainer might require and/or expect.

For a cross-platform portfolio manager you could try RAGE Domainer (available for both Mac and Windows). From what I've seen it does indeed work quite well, however the resemblance to an Excel workbook and/or FileMaker project is uncanny.

The main advantage of a dedicated portfolio management application over a spreadsheet-style solution (as far as I can see) is that the former may be better at alerting you to issues requiring your attention, such as an expiring domain. For example, using an Excel spreadsheet you would have to be pro-active in checking the data within it quite regularly and manually identifying any issues requiring your attention. A portfolio management application, on the other hand, may well be able to create desktop and/or email notifications of such issues as it runs in the background, without you having to remember to regularly check your portfolio data.

If you'd like further information on - or clarification of - anything I've mentioned above then please don't hesitate to let me know.

All The Best,

Entropy

Last edited:

ar1515

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I looking for a Domain Portfolio Management Software, something that would be user friendly, able add url's in bulk.and can provide url info:
page rank, registrar expire date, IP address, lock status, web host, genre. Preferably I would like to host it myself on my server, anybody know of any scripts or software available like this.

TopDomainDeal

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am using SpeedTrada.com,but find it better to keep all your domain database on excel spreadsheet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators