Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Goodgirls.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
'm hoping someone can help me out with this, I'm new to this site, found it from typing in goodgirls.com into Yahoo.

Last week I was bidding on goodgirls.com at TDNAM, when the bidding got over 30K, I had to back away, since our budget only allowed 30K, the auction luckily ended at $34,005 withOUT meeting the reserve, I contacted the seller who informed the reserve was set at 35K, just 1K shy of selling, so it's still for sale.

A few months ago the seller provided a snapshot of stats while at Revenue Direct, 5059 page views, 2637 Search visits, 2574 Search clicks and a 50.9 CTR. Now the domain only has a handful of links in the search engines, so could the traffic all be generated from type-in?

And based on the stats, is the domain really worth 35K? I guess I'm looking for some reassurance before taking the plunge.

Eva :wink_smile:

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe the name itself warrants the price tag, even without the traffic.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eva said:
'm hoping someone can help me out with this, I'm new to this site, found it from typing in goodgirls.com into Yahoo.

Last week I was bidding on goodgirls.com at TDNAM, when the bidding got over 30K, I had to back away, since our budget only allowed 30K, the auction luckily ended at $34,005 withOUT meeting the reserve, I contacted the seller who informed the reserve was set at 35K, just 1K shy of selling, so it's still for sale.

A few months ago the seller provided a snapshot of stats while at Revenue Direct, 5059 page views, 2637 Search visits, 2574 Search clicks and a 50.9 CTR. Now the domain only has a handful of links in the search engines, so could the traffic all be generated from type-in?

And based on the stats, is the domain really worth 35K? I guess I'm looking for some reassurance before taking the plunge.

Eva :wink_smile:

Depends on how you're going about monetising the traffic...many PPC feed/providers have recently shunned these type of domains if targetted towards adult traffic due to the relevance of the keyword "girls". Not to mention blacklisting outright because of that fact. 35k is a huge gamble IMO, considering factors outside of the spectrum you don't have control over. Got to wonder why the seller has the dn for sale in the first place....

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ExpireGuy said:
Got to wonder why the seller has the dn for sale in the first place....
Hope it is not a case of single user with multiple accounts

lionheartk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Foodie said:
Don't the stats go by IP addresses?
That what i was thinkin also ?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Abraham said:
Hope it is not a case of single user with multiple accounts

I'm not sure what you mean by single user with multiple accounts, seller indicated he's selling off all adult domains.

jazzpetals said:
I believe the name itself warrants the price tag, even without the traffic.

Thats what I thought, guess I'll have to wait until September when he relists again......Thanks!

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eva said:
....seller indicated he's selling off all adult domains.

Adding substance to the blacklist guess....

eva said:
....guess I'll have to wait until September when he relists again....

Curious...you know the price and you're willing to wait another month when you'll be back in the trenches of an auction? :suspicious:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ExpireGuy said:
Adding substance to the blacklist guess....

Curious...you know the price and you're willing to wait another month when you'll be back in the trenches of an auction? :suspicious:

Not my choice, seller is holding out on my offer, it seems he's recieved other offers...I should of met the auction reserve when I had the chance:eek:hwell:

Eva

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain Name # Bids Price Time Left
goodgirls.com 47 $31,116 41M 41S

Auction ends in about 40 minutes at TDNAM

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO Badgirls.com would have been a better option.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO Badgirls.com would have been a better option.

True, I wouldn't pay $35 g's though.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
True, I wouldn't pay $35 g's though.

When I heard kinkygirls.com sold for 60K, I felt the same way.....Or did it really sell? the page has been blank since Moniker sold it, as well as kinkygirl.com to the same buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators