• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Google app email, anyone use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Anyone using google email for your domain name?
As in...
[email protected], but, using google gmail.

I signed up for it and I would like to get some input about it.
Is it good? reliable?
 
been using it for about 3 months, no problems with it...
 
can you send and receive with it?
 
so to confirm, I can

receive email people send to xyz.com?
send email as though it came from xyz.com

thanks
 
sorry if I sound like a total net newbie :D but where do I sign up? couldn't find it, or it's weekend blindness ;)
 
been using it for about 3 months, no problems with it...
Thanks for your post :-)

Did you had to change MX record at registrar or on your server?

I am not using registrar's name server :-(
So, I end up changing MX record on my server.
And it does not seem to work :-(

You have to create each acct for your user, right?
Your user can not create themselves, right?
 
Did you had to change MX record at registrar or on your server?
Yes, had to change it (Google will email you instructions of what to change it to etc...)
https://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=33352

You have to create each acct for your user, right? Yes
Your user can not create themselves, right? Yes
Thanks again :-)

OK, Now I changed to using enom name server and
changed MX record per instruction.

Login page said service not available at:
http://mail.google.com/a/dork.org
I guess I gotta wait for few days to take effect :-)
 
No problem :)

I am not sure, but if i remember correctly it should be immediate.
Try and contact your host so they verify all changes took affect etc
 
Yes it works very good. and u can request as many email address as you want when u grow. i have 600 emails for a local university now on it.
 
No problem :)

I am not sure, but if i remember correctly it should be immediate.
Try and contact your host so they verify all changes took affect etc
Heh, It's working now.
I love it :-D

Thanks again ;-)
 
I don't trust freebies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom