• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Google's new Writely (Online Word Processor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
6,352
Reaction score
28
I was just reading an article about Google's new online word processor called Writely.com. I went to their site and signed up and all I can say is WOW. You can create, upload or email in documents to edit them. I have only been using it for just 5 minutes and I tested the spell checker and many more features.

Everyone should check it out.
 
I see Google Office coming... Do you think this will be the future? Online software applications? I think it is possible. People would not have to install the software anymore, purchase or download updates and they could use the software from wherever they are.
 
Amazing amazon! MS had video conferencing about 3 years ago already, thought its not popular.
 
I think that is where it is going. Everything will be web-based. We already have Xdrive giving us 5GB of online storage, Gmail 2.7GB mailbox storage, Writely - online word processor/spell checker.

Soon we will only need internet access and a basic computer to connect to all of our stuff online. If this happens a better online security system/encryption system will need to be in place. I would be reluctant to store any important material online; however, I see this is the wave of the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom