• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed got an offer at sedo for GulfOfMexico.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggieBiggie is verified member.

DNForum Moderator
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
15,099
Reaction score
2,270
What's your take on this name?



GulfOfMexico.info

Got the introductory lowball offer for this at sedo. :)
 
My guess is this is worth somewhere between $750 - $2k in today's market.
 
Is the lowball offer something you could live with?

Sorry if you already are aware of this, but now that you have received an offer you can take it to auction.

The exposure and viewership to this domain name will be about 10 times greater and even more once it goes to auction. I, and I am sure several others, have bid on and won auctions that were running on the Sedo auction page. It is almost like impulse buying..."Hey, I like that".

Just ask your self if there no one else bids, will I be happy with that offer? If you take it to auction and no one else bids, you are obligated to sell at the offering price.

There is always the counter offer but if you take the "high ball" road you run the risk of scaring off the original bidder and it will languish in parked status for quite sometime.

My gut feeling is this...someone wants to use this as a political statement...possibly for the upcoming 2008 election. The reason I say this is for weeks now, I have heard time and time again on the news the Democratics crying foul and making an issue out of George Bush not mentioning Hurrican Katrina once in the recent State of the Union address.

In response to this, G. W. was just in New Orleans again to put on the photo ops. All of a sudden this has become a heated issue again.

Seriously, if you can accept the low offer as being ok to live with, I would strongly consider pushing this to auction. Sure, it could be for a vacation travel guide or charter fishing company. But I find the timing of the offer a little more than just coincidental. Be very interesting to see where this ends up.

That's my dos centavos, amigo.
 
Is the lowball offer something you could live with?

Sorry if you already are aware of this, but now that you have received an offer you can take it to auction.

The exposure and viewership to this domain name will be about 10 times greater and even more once it goes to auction. I, and I am sure several others, have bid on and won auctions that were running on the Sedo auction page. It is almost like impulse buying..."Hey, I like that".

Just ask your self if there no one else bids, will I be happy with that offer? If you take it to auction and no one else bids, you are obligated to sell at the offering price.

There is always the counter offer but if you take the "high ball" road you run the risk of scaring off the original bidder and it will languish in parked status for quite sometime.

My gut feeling is this...someone wants to use this as a political statement...possibly for the upcoming 2008 election. The reason I say this is for weeks now, I have heard time and time again on the news the Democratics crying foul and making an issue out of George Bush not mentioning Hurrican Katrina once in the recent State of the Union address.

In response to this, G. W. was just in New Orleans again to put on the photo ops. All of a sudden this has become a heated issue again.

Seriously, if you can accept the low offer as being ok to live with, I would strongly consider pushing this to auction. Sure, it could be for a vacation travel guide or charter fishing company. But I find the timing of the offer a little more than just coincidental. Be very interesting to see where this ends up.

That's my dos centavos, amigo.

Thanks for giving another perspective on this!

I made a counter offer, so I'll wait for the reply if any.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom