Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Got an offer, what do I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a good offer on one of my domain names, how can I safely transfer it to my customer without being scammed and not end up broke. Yes I sold domains before in range of $xx - $xxx this one is bigger and I don't want him to escape after getting my domain. What to do?

Domain Summit 2024

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should he prepay first or pay half before I transfer domain or transfer the name and wait for payment?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ianccc is right, that's so true. Considering the scum I've run into as a seller over time, and as a buyer too, there are still some firsts for me. No one had ever demanded I give them the name (push) before they paid until just days ago. And he was no noob, he's a Chinese dude who knows his domain stuff. I later convinced him to trade credentials so we could do a simple Paypal which we eventually did and I didn't push the name to him until I got the payment

There's still a risk with a straight Paypal even if the other dude checks out ok, if you're the seller his payment might be no good afterwards (like a stolen Paypal account ?) and if you're the buyer he might not give you the domain, or it may turn out to be stolen. And good luck w/a Paypal dispute, I've been there. And there are other scanarios. The thing with Escrow.com is their minimum fee is $25, if it's a cheap name your loss will be magnified if you pay that fee yourself, or your profit may be $5 at the end or so. The other party will often refuse to pay 100% of Escrow.com's fee, or they'll want to split it, unless they want the domain real bad and/or they're the ones suggesting Escrow.com be used

ALWAYS PAY 100% before pushing/transferring, no exceptions

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My buyer gave me an offer for the domain but then asked me to take it to professional appraisal to check it's value. Should I continue doing that or he isn't interested?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My buyer gave me an offer for the domain but then asked me to take it to professional appraisal to check it's value. Should I continue doing that or he isn't interested?
This is the old "appraisal scam". Do NOT pay for an appraisal. The "buyer" disappears, and you have lost money to the appraisal company (which is related to the "buyer").

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Randomo, thank you so much for advice. That guy was really a scam, tried to force me to pay for only appraisal company he likes and he reserves the right to refuse any other appraisal company so i told the guy goodbye and that was it. Thanks again.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're welcome - I'm glad you didn't pay for that appraisal!

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blimey, is that scammer still going? damn.. he is obviously making money out of other people's trusting nature.

About time somebody took him out, so to speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators