• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed GranBretana.com (spanish for Great Britain)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
I'm thinking about selling off some of my non-english geo's.

Anyone care to estimate what this one would sell for in auction?

GranBretana.com (spanish for Great Britain)
 
I'd suggest to avoid spanish names with accents, even more those with ñ. I love my ñ, but it sucks when it comes to reg domains, you always end up registering something that is both ugly and wrong.

Gran Bretaña is right and sounds right, Gran Bretana looks bad and sounds bad. The IDN might be right, but IDNs are browser-translated into punycode, which sucks by itself...

Get rid of it.
 
Get rid of it.


Obviously the "n" is an area of concern but IDN's STILL havnt caught on and latin speakers around the world have had to use the ascii "n" since the web began.

I've had it for 8 years, gets good traffic, had many offers. I'm not planning on *dumping* it any time soon, just realizing that my personal interests don't include trying to develop a spanish language whatever (travelsite/portal/blog/web2.0,etc) about Great Britain. Better name for someone else to use.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more comment. I'd really like to hear from some native speakers and get their opinions of value. Maybe I should post on some spanlang domain forums. Anyone know of any good ones?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom