• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Great location name.. help appraise

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjp

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2002
Messages
414
Reaction score
0
Hello,

Can anyone help appraise this name... I want to Thank everyone for always reply to my posts... Thanks to DN also for this great place..

www.sanPabloBay.com

The bay out of california in san Francisco.....

Thanks:confused: :rolleyes: :D
 
it's definitely regional, but with the pop of san francisco, it's not bad. are there any businesses using that name? it seems like a hotel or townhome community would have picked it up by now. hopefully someone with deeper pockets will want it and not an environmental group :D

I used to work for a couple of companies that specialized in websites for hospitality companies and it was common for place names like that to be snatched up or even sold and resold even though they weren't high profile.

good luck with that
 
Thank you.. It is a good name and does get overture results.. Not many but a few...I am sure the name gets hits it self...
I want to sell the name, but I think paper appraisals are over rated... I like the models and prices you all give......
I know location names are hard to find but i dont know the value...

Thanks
 
Not the prettiest part of the bay area for sure. It's about 10 miles from home for me. $250 to a San Pablo local.
 
Yes, I would think that the name would of been snatched up, but it has never been registered.. There are still some good names out there....

You really only think 250.00..... That seems low for a name that is common in the San Fransico area.. I live in georgia and have heard of the San Pablo Bay..

Seems that it should go for more.. Anyone else with advice..

Thanks..
 
Thanks Rj...ANyone agree or do you think it is worth more or less..?


Thanks
shawn
 
The San Francisco Bay is 95 times more popular (according to Google, and local popularity too I would say)


Here's a cool map! The San Pablo Bay is pretty big huh! It just doesn't get any respect. :razz: Look for Pinole around 38 degrees -- that's me! :)

http://sailors.com/sfbay/charts/101-twobays.html
 
If you were to sell the name only, I would say about $150.00, but put a developed site on there and it will fetch more. I just sold AlabamaSeek.com for $300, but it is developed.
 
Right on target alldig.

Results for "San Pablo Bay" 9,180

Results for "San Francisco Bay" 871,000

SanPabloBay.com is still a great name for someone to develop.

It's not fair, but even if you live smack on the 'San Pablo Bay', you still live in the 'San Francisco Bay Area'
 
Thanks RJ and ALLDIG..

Is that still good numbers on google..?

That is considered typ-ins... Right..?

so value would be around $200

Thanks
 
No, that is not considered type in's. Google phrase searching only gives you an idea of how common the term is.

In this case, the term 'San Pablo Bay' appears on 9100 other websites. Which is decent, but expected because it is an actual location. It's best used to compare to other terms, like we did with 'San Francisco Bay'.

For an idea of how many people are actually typing-in your domain or phrase, you can use Overture's suggestion tool (see www.suggestiontool.com) and put also put up a hit counter on the domain to see if anyone ever visits it by 'typing-in' your domain name.

For San Pablo Bay, the overture searches were 86 for the month of August. Not great, but at least there's more than 0. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom