Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Greetings from Microsoft Legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Zune", "Urge", yuck, yuck --- maybe MSFT can find some better names here.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So could you explain why Microsoft is so ignorant about their domains and let bogota.com drop? You even refused to sell the domain regardless of numerous bona-fide offers. A true member of the domain community would have never acted so.

I truly hope you didn't come here only to get more material to write a new paper about evil cybersquatters and their "underground" society.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They say illegal drugs are second to oil in international trade!

Who knows... :smokin:

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Bill :greensmilewinkgrin: would like to know that Lanai.ws (wedding sight) is for sale. :wubgreen:

akaning3

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would you think it would be fair to go back to our threads and edit them (taking out the negative things about the user)?

Welcome Microsoft Legal

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't care two hoots if Microsoft is a member or not! All I ask is that this TM removal is actually on true TM's and not just Microsoft turns round and on their word, or Google's or Yahoo's, so-called TM's are stricken from the forum without a court having decided on whether a TM has been infringed.

A purely fictitious example would be 'ModernWindows.com', this could be a domain registered and sold by a domainer with the idea of a site being developed about architectural portals in buildings commonly referred to as 'windows'. Would this domain not be allowed to be advertised for sale?

Somehow Big Brother does not seem so unrealistic. Is this why MSLegal is here?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A purely fictitious example would be 'ModernWindows.com', this could be a domain registered and sold by a domainer with the idea of a site being developed about architectural portals in buildings commonly referred to as 'windows'. Would this domain not be allowed to be advertised for sale?

I am 99% sure a name like that would be allowed.

Names like Micosotf.com, Googel.com and WindowXP.com aren't.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like Giant said , if you think you have to use ast***k then it will get deleted.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks DCG. Delighted to be here. Was waiting to post until verified in order to clear up any uncertainty.

A (typical) busy day here, and I will have an opportunity to post more over the weekend. Many thanks to all for the welcomes.

Thanks.

welcome,,,

,more companies need to walk amongst the people like this......

name?????

and

whats with www.raindrop.msresearch.us hasnt been updated in a while...

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
great!! Welcome Microsoft Legal once again....I`m delighted to know that I may get answer to my first question :)

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One question that has to be asked and answered by Microsoft Legal is:

Are you posting/commenting officially for Microsoft and/or any of its subsiduaries of that company or are all your posts/comments purely on a personal level and nothing to do with Microsoft and/or any of ita subsiduaries?

This one question above any other should be the first point you clarify. I am sure the Legal Eagles amoung the membership here will definately be interested in your reply and disect it letter by letter.

By the way 'welcome aboard'.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One question that has to be asked and answered

Yeah, I have to disagree here, he does not have to answer anything to you (or to me for that matter). He can post as much as he wants and does not have to give/tell anyone anything.

I am a bit suprised by users coming here and demanding explanations.

Speaking generally, does anyone here feel (other than the owners of the board who can do as they wish) feel that they are so important that they are owed an explanation when someone signs up to be a member here?

I think some folks are trying to feel a bit more important then they truely are.

MS Legal -- Welcome aboard and have fun. Hopefully people will start being a little more respectful. Sorry that your first post had to be filled with a bunch of idiots.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, let's stick to domaining and leave this one alone.

best wishes!

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators