Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Greetings from Microsoft Legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glad I don't own any Microsoft TM's...

ItalianDragon: better take that link to hundreds of "Zune" domains for sale out of your sig. :)

Thanks for the advice but I`m not worried at all, if Microsoft wants my domains I am happy to SELL them.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In that case, no need for the wagers. :-D

Welcome aboard...Microsoft Legal. :)

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice but I`m not worried at all, if Microsoft wants my domains I am happy to SELL them.

Somehow I don't think he is here to buy and sell domains.
Whether his presence is in the best interests of the forum members remains to be seen.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there are some fundamentals being missed here, given that this member has assumed the title of "Microsoft Legal".

First off, I'm not a lawyer, but have had a lot of experience with them. Here are my opinions, and they are my *opinions* only:

1) If this person is a bona fide representative of Microsoft, then I would have thought that he/she would have contacted the owner of this site before registering. Remember my first sentence above.

2) The first post was really against the rules here; as innocent as it was, but it doesn't inspire credibility.

3) There should be a very clear signature as to how this person speaks, or purports to speak for Microsoft. That would have been my very first priority.

To sum up, and I'm not trying to be pedantic, but this new membership should have been thought out more professionally from the get-go.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

happy to sell or happy to hand over the domains!

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
happy to sell or happy to hand over the domains!

Sell !! never hang over to such a rich company.....come on they bought the name:

Microfost.com for $10,000

I`m sure they can pay $1,000 each for

{ do not keep promoting your domains here!}

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still not convinced that he is real as he did not reply to his own thread nor making any clarification. May be his son or daughter used his computer and email address?
His act is unprofessional in many ways.

If he came here to stir up the forums and scare members here then he deserves to be banned from this community. That should be Adam decision but there is no reason for him to be here at all.

Imagine some cops came into your house and scare your kids without a warrant?

Go away Microsoft Legal!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look Johnn, Im telling you that Aaron sent me an email to [email protected], which is my government email address. This email WAS from microsoft.com.

So unless Microsoft hands out free email addresses, this is the real guy. I am not at work right now, but I could send you a screenshot of the email.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was clearly intended to send a message that they are stepping up TM enforcement. "Hello world, we are here and watching you!" Companies such as Microsoft have always monitored the industry out of necessity to protect their marks and lurked in forums such as this. However, to announce their presence is highly unusual and rather bold. That being said, who cares? I have nothing to fear from them...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting...:drama:

Now the dilema, if he isnt here to help the domain community to succeed but rather to search out lawsuits I have to call for a ban. This is Adam's forum so it is his decision. Either way it doesnt hit home for me as I do not own any microsoft names or typo's at all. I don't want to sound like I defend anyone who does on the other hand, it's more the principal of things. :croc:
No doubt Aaron's presence here is strictly in connection with Microsoft's newly-acquired registrar credentials and has nothing to do with the past/present trade of TM domains in this forum :tongue1:

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look Johnn, Im telling you that Aaron sent me an email to [email protected], which is my government email address. This email WAS from microsoft.com.

So unless Microsoft hands out free email addresses, this is the real guy. I am not at work right now, but I could send you a screenshot of the email.

Justin,

I trust you but the way he introduce himself and no repsonse after too many posts is really unprofessional and it does not reflect Microsoft image.

You work for Microsoft, you came here under Microsoft name - You need to act like you represent Microsoft.

If he works for me then he will get a pink slip and his last paycheck today.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Justin,

I trust you but the way he introduce himself and no repsonse after too many posts is really unprofessional and it does not reflect Microsoft image.

You work for Microsoft, you came here under Microsoft name - You need to act like you represent Microsoft.

I think he/she is really represing Microsoft acting exactly like Microsoft:

does not Windows crashes everytime is under too many actions/questions? :peace:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Justin,

Understandable. Aaron told me he is waiting to become verified until he posts anything else which seems reasonable. If he posts now you and the other members will only tear him apart. I think that once he gets verified he will clear everything up. It's still unclear to me on what his intentions are.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Understandable. Aaron told me he is waiting to become verified until he posts anything else which seems reasonable. If he posts now you and the other members will only tear him apart. I think that once he gets verified he will clear everything up. It's still unclear to me on what his intentions are.

That is another reason why he should get a pink slip!

You come here and prepare - not until members asked you to be verified.

A real MS from Legal Department (should know exactly what you are doing):
1. Register
2. Contact Adam to introduce himself and his reasons to be here
3. Verified
4. Then you make your FIRST POST

It should be in this order! You don't go to the other order 1,4,2,3!!!!!!!!!!!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm....
BILL-GATES-bsod.jpg

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am still not convinced that he is real as he did not reply to his own thread nor making any clarification. May be his son or daughter used his computer and email address?
His act is unprofessional in many ways.

If he came here to stir up the forums and scare members here then he deserves to be banned from this community. That should be Adam decision but there is no reason for him to be here at all.

Imagine some cops came into your house and scare your kids without a warrant?

Go away Microsoft Legal!
Scare members? Are you kidding? So it is ok for an Exclusive Member here to flaunt his love of trademark infringing domains, brag about all of the false information he places in whois records, claims to be making seven-figures in US dollars through blatant trademark infringement (total BS of course unless the decimal point appears several digits in) and you think that someone who is responsible for legally protecting intellectual property should be banned for simply saying hello? Read the posts again, "here to learn." Any fear is being created by people who must feel they have something to fear. To be honest, you should fear the guy who asks you to email all your TM infringing domains for sale to him - he could be operating under-cover which would be the ultimate sting.

On another note, Microsoft is a registrar and provides free domain names as part of a business service. Any other time a company representative posts, people line up to say how wonderful it is that someone actually cares. :)

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A real MS from Legal Department (should know exactly what you are doing):
1. Register
2. Contact Adam to introduce himself and his reasons to be here
3. Verified
4. Then you make your FIRST POST

Do they legally have to do that ? ;)

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scare members? Are you kidding? So it is ok for an Exclusive Member here to flaunt his love of trademark infringing domains, brag about all of the false information he places in whois records, claims to be making seven-figures in US dollars through blatant trademark infringement (total BS of course unless the decimal point appears several digits in) and you think that someone who is responsible for legally protecting intellectual property should be banned for simply saying hello?

are you turning this to a i hate denny thready again? plz give it some rest.. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators