Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Gregr is now BillGates.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bob is a girl??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Domain Summit 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
I have received a message regarding my comment above about Greg giving away 3 Letter .com's - and it appears that someone didn't realize it was a joke. Sorry but it was indeed just a joke. We play around like that sometimes.

Sorry for any confusion. Happy Easter everybody! :)

Lol, I was just kidding about that in my part, did someone also PM you, hehe? :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As long as secrets concerning mods and gender are coming out today... perhaps it is time to expose the truth about NamePopper. Many of you know that "he" has an interest in robotics and a quick wit... but few of you are probably aware that "he" is really an "it"...

During the Summer of 2002, scientists at the Stanford Center for Virtual Intelligence and Anthropromorphic Semantics (SCVIAS) were working on a secret project to develop a virtual intelligence agent to replace air traffic controllers, when they received a call from the Fox Network. Turns out that Fox was getting tired of paying big bucks for reality TV hosts and was interested in whether SCVIAS could develop a virtual entity to take their place.

SCVIAS programmers conducted an anthropromophic personality assessment on TV and radio talk show hosts and incorporated the neural algorythms and semantic matrixes into their air traffic controller project. During a brainstorming project to figure out what to call their project, one guy said -- "How about whatevere name pops into our heads?" -- and another said -- "Yeah, Name Popper, that's a good one!" Thus, the code name "NamePopper" was assigned to the SCVIAS project.

Unfortunately, when it came time for the NamePopper vitual intelligence to be demonstrated to Fox execs, the intelligence exhibited too much good taste to be suitable for Fox... and the execs stormed out.

The NamePopper project was temporarily shelved... until one day one of the disgruntled programmers at SCVIAS as surfing the net and found DNForum. As it happens, the DNForum was in the middle of transition at the time and there was a need for a moderator who would be able to control traffic, deal with zillions of different personalities and intermittent spats, and increase ratings. The NamePopper virtual intelligence was transfered to the DNForum server and a little icon "Powered By NamePopper" appeared. This virtual mod was an immediate hit... although from time to time the positronic network shorts.

Although some of you may find this difficult to believe, the alternative explanation -- that an actual human being would put up with all this stuff with such aplumb -- is highly improbable. Incidentally, NamePopper's neural algorithms are sufficiently sophisticated to recognize and respond to affirmation.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bob is a woman...........................................
This will take awhile to process :cool:
........................................................................................................................................................................................

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

During the Summer of 2002, scientists at the Stanford Center for Virtual Intelligence and Anthropromorphic Semantics (SCVIAS) were working on a secret project to develop a virtual intelligence agent to replace air traffic controllers, when they received a call from the Fox Network. Turns out that Fox was getting tired of paying big bucks for reality TV hosts and was interested in whether SCVIAS could develop a virtual entity to take their place.

SCVIAS programmers conducted an anthropromophic personality assessment on TV and radio talk show hosts and incorporated the neural algorythms and semantic matrixes into their air traffic controller project. During a brainstorming project to figure out what to call their project, one guy said -- "How about whatevere name pops into our heads?" -- and another said -- "Yeah, Name Popper, that's a good one!" Thus, the code name "NamePopper" was assigned to the SCVIAS project.

Unfortunately, when it came time for the NamePopper vitual intelligence to be demonstrated to Fox execs, the intelligence exhibited too much good taste to be suitable for Fox... and the execs stormed out.

The NamePopper project was temporarily shelved... until one day one of the disgruntled programmers at SCVIAS as surfing the net and found DNForum. As it happens, the DNForum was in the middle of transition at the time and there was a need for a moderator who would be able to control traffic, deal with zillions of different personalities and intermittent spats, and increase ratings. The NamePopper virtual intelligence was transfered to the DNForum server and a little icon "Powered By NamePopper" appeared. This virtual mod was an immediate hit... although from time to time the positronic network shorts.

Although some of you may find this difficult to believe, the alternative explanation -- that an actual human being would put up with all this stuff with such aplumb -- is highly improbable. Incidentally, NamePopper's neural algorithms are sufficiently sophisticated to recognize and respond to affirmation.

LOL :laugh:

Finally.... I've found the intro that I've needed for my PMP (PlatinumMemberProfile).

Man that's good stuff. :D

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have a flair for this stuff GregR. Nice pick up. Just checked OVT, and BillGates.com gets 1708 searches. That's money in the bank!

Well done! Just goes to show you that one shouldn't be afraid to plunk down whatever it takes to get a decent dot com name.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
For example - a few days ago somebody said that my ModSister 'Bob' was actually a man. Some people that didn't know her believed it was true - and this lead to some confusion. For the record - 'Bob' is a girl and her full name is 'Barbara'. She just uses the nickname 'Bob' because we once had a chinese moderator that kept calling her that for short. Instead of typing 'Barb" - he typed 'Bob' for some reason. Well after a while it stuck - and Barbara became Bob.

:laugh:

I will get you back for this one Popper. You just wait. :razz:

-Bob

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob

:laugh:

I will get you back for this one Popper. You just wait. :razz:

-Bob

Hehehehe...... :D

Actually Bob - I must admit that you are a very handsome man.

Not that I find you attractive - I'm just saying..... :shy:

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have received a message regarding my comment above about Greg giving away 3 Letter .com's - and it appears that someone didn't realize it was a joke. Sorry but it was indeed just a joke. We play around like that sometimes.

For example - a few days ago somebody said that my ModSister 'Bob' was actually a man. Some people that didn't know her believed it was true - and this lead to some confusion. For the record - 'Bob' is a girl and her full name is 'Barbara'. She just uses the nickname 'Bob' because we once had a chinese moderator that kept calling her that for short. Instead of typing 'Barb" - he typed 'Bob' for some reason. Well after a while it stuck - and Barbara became Bob.

Sorry for any confusion. Happy Easter everybody! :)

HAHHAHAHAHHHAHAAAAAHAHHAAAHHAAHAHHAHAHA
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Gregr ,

Congrats on this one. Great name of a great man. How many typeins do you get ?

Contact Bill Gates and tell him he could get this name for FREE. He simply needs to adopt you . :D

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok folks. gregr gives two shits about the name . it is about traffic. If the name was johnnyrotten, and got 0 traffic, gman wouldn't give a shit. But the overture results alone justify the price, and g man can afford it. There is undisputed traffic with the name, and a certain amount of prestige. More power to em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom