Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Gripe with the recent Sedo Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Following is the chat transcript of a convo I just had with a Sedo support tech. Tell me if I am wrong here.

Jeff: Hi, my name is Jeff. How may I help you?

Me: Hi Jeff,

Jeff: Hello

Me: In the recent Sedo newsletter sent out yesterday, it said ,,,

Me: Every domain you list with Sedo is now promoted through the SedoMLS Promotion Network ... However, to fully optimize your domain name listings, you should activate SedoMLS Premium now

Me: yet in the dashboard, it is asking to set the registrar for each domain and still not all registrars are supported

Jeff: okay, just one moment

Jeff: okay

Jeff: Your registrar must be currently be participating in the MLS service in order to list it in the service

Jeff: For example, Dynadot is fully integrated with the MLS service

Me: well thats contrary to what Tim states in the newsletter. it says "every domain". frankly, and not to be an asshole, but you guys drive me insane (both Sedo and Afternic). When you make false pronouncements like this you waste your customers time and its bullshit

Me: it would be great if you could pass that along as feedback

Jeff: we are working to integrate more registrars with the MLS service

Jeff: and keep in mind, it will receive a larger promotion, but in order to receive the full benefit of the MLS service, it helps to be associated with one of our Premium Partner Registrars

Me: well thats great. when that happens then I expect you'll let us all know, not BEFORE

Me: obviously if not all registrars are supported, you should not state that "Every domain you list with Sedo is now promoted through the SedoMLS Promotion Network". again, i'm not trying to be rude to you personally. Just expressing my feedback

Me: i'm I wrong here?

Jeff: Well they can be promoted additionally with the MLS service, but some of the registrars offer more benefits, such as faster transfers

Me: Well, this is the exact text here. Tell me what you think it implies:

Me: SedoMLS Premium

Activate SedoMLS Premium to Sell More Domains
Our exciting marketplace updates earlier this month mean a renewed focus on helping you promote your domains and make more sales! Every domain you list with Sedo is now promoted through the SedoMLS Promotion Network, meaning that your domains are visible across our partners' sites via millions of search queries. However, to fully optimize your domain name listings, you should activate SedoMLS Premium now.

Me: so i got excited and ran to Sedo to activate every one of my domains, only to find out that I cant because it still only supports certain registrars.

Me: I'll just leave it at that, and let you go.

Me: have a good one

If I am the only Sedo customer who fell for this I'll eat my hat

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you are one of 5 sedo customers that actually read their newsletter.

haha :D

They care about customer service or what you think about them?

i understand it isnt the fault of customer service. I did a little CS work so I know how it can be and tried hard to let him know I was not upset with him personally. My beef would be with management for letting such a statement go out in their newsletter. clearly a waste of my time which I don't appreciate much.

i don't know, is there some other way I should be interpreting "every domain you list". Because I thought it meant "every domain" that i listed. Maybe I'm crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom