Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Gtld Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered a .domains domain to ultimately list my domain portfolio once gTLD's become recognized. Possibly, for only gTLD's and not my .com/.net/.org/.us names. Unsure at the moment if I even want to keep it past a year.

Just now I did a search for the branded, dictionary word + domains. I saw nothing on page one. I went to page two and and wham, it's [HASHTAG]#17[/HASHTAG].

I find two things interesting with this. One being that at the moment it's forwarded the to the Uniregistry affiliate link through their forwarding service and not from my DNS configuration, .htaccess, or hosted and it still ranks. Secondly, I was unaware before registering it that there is an exact .net match which happens to be a registrar or wholesaler, but not trademarked. They outrank my .domains with the .net, but not by much with their inner pages (services, about the company, etc.).

They don't have a TM on it (as I checked UK IPO before forwarding as it's an exact relationship between "services" offered, which leads me to believe they are a reseller, didn't look at their info to see).

I just added it to Webmaster Tools to track by using a CNAME, so no exact information on related searches it may show up for as obviously some may stumble upon it or at least see the link searching for the other registrar. As soon as Google can verify the DNS change, I'll be up and running to track it.

Has anyone else seen their gTLD's rank for developed website? Do you find it odd that a .domains ranks that high when it's forwarded to an affiliate link (as parked pages rarely go that high)?

How are your .XYZ domains doing @JudisFather? Are they ranking quite well? I'm supporting .XYZ with a Marine Corps Eagle, Globe and Anchor mashed with the registry's colors. Someone has to keep the bullies away. :D

If you want to know the domain name to see search results for yourself, start a convo as affiliate links aren't allowed and I maxed out on allowed links in my signature.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jarhead taking one for the team. HuRah!
That would be Oorah. The Army is Hurah/more of a Hooah. Get it right! :p

Though, this was meant to be a serious post. And if he did have any .xyz ranking, I would surely like to see where and find out why.

I'm baffled how I rank for an affiliate redirect link and have actually gotten 8 clicks, 1 transaction, 12.5% conversion rate and a commission of $1.78 from it. Only 2 people other than myself know the name and it's a session only based cookie, so if they went to it, they would have had to register on the spot.

I am seriously wondering if ranking for it had a role in the conversion and for me it's on the 2nd page, but bounces back and forth for the time being.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need an inservice and instructions on step-by-step of what you did and how you did it.

Essentially, I only know how to change DNS.

Feel free to PM.

JudisFather

forget about it.. :)
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered a .domains domain to ultimately list my domain portfolio once gTLD's become recognized. Possibly, for only gTLD's and not my .com/.net/.org/.us names. Unsure at the moment if I even want to keep it past a year.

Just now I did a search for the branded, dictionary word + domains. I saw nothing on page one. I went to page two and and wham, it's [HASHTAG]#17[/HASHTAG].

I find two things interesting with this. One being that at the moment it's forwarded the to the Uniregistry affiliate link through their forwarding service and not from my DNS configuration, .htaccess, or hosted and it still ranks. Secondly, I was unaware before registering it that there is an exact .net match which happens to be a registrar or wholesaler, but not trademarked. They outrank my .domains with the .net, but not by much with their inner pages (services, about the company, etc.).

They don't have a TM on it (as I checked UK IPO before forwarding as it's an exact relationship between "services" offered, which leads me to believe they are a reseller, didn't look at their info to see).

I just added it to Webmaster Tools to track by using a CNAME, so no exact information on related searches it may show up for as obviously some may stumble upon it or at least see the link searching for the other registrar. As soon as Google can verify the DNS change, I'll be up and running to track it.

Has anyone else seen their gTLD's rank for developed website? Do you find it odd that a .domains ranks that high when it's forwarded to an affiliate link (as parked pages rarely go that high)?

How are your .XYZ domains doing @JudisFather? Are they ranking quite well? I'm supporting .XYZ with a Marine Corps Eagle, Globe and Anchor mashed with the registry's colors. Someone has to keep the bullies away. :D

If you want to know the domain name to see search results for yourself, start a convo as affiliate links aren't allowed and I maxed out on allowed links in my signature.

great post.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.xyz and their slight-of-hand practices of .domain registration, redirects, and giveaways boldly states one thing to me...numbers mean nothing.

Numbers mean nothing.

Except to the gullible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators