Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Haay.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your brand becomes known enough, you could have search engines recommending haay.com when people type in "hey".

Not gonna happen. Google suggests the correct spelling when you do a typo. (because it is searched a lot more)

For example I operate di.fm, and someone else operates dj.fm.

Do you really operate di.fm or was that just hypothetically speaking? That's a kickass internet radio station!

do a search for Haay.com on G and you get... Did you mean: Gay.com
That must be personalized Google results, as I don't get that here or my other machines. Google thinks you are probably looking for... take away what you want from that :)

No I am not gay, just for the record. :lol: Although I have been working on an adult site of late, so you have a point... :lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's simple: "haay!" sounds very effeminate.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Do I need to expand on it then?

arster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dcristo: yes I am the founder of DI.fm, you can look up di.fm whois and haay.com whois for a match :) Glad to hear you might be a fan! If anything I hope it speaks to the fact that I've developed sites before and played with branding.

Acroplex: I think whoever said it previously about the sheep who said "haay" is exactly the strength of the domain. Not sure I'd agree it sounds effeminate, but it does sound more relaxed, friendly drunk kind of "hey". That is the strength, as "hey.com" would be very boring, while haay for a social network would suggest taking things easy, as if you're chilling, in a pub, or just having goofy fun online. So I agree with your point, but in a good way.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo: yes I am the founder of DI.fm, you can look up di.fm whois and haay.com whois for a match :) Glad to hear you might be a fan! If anything I hope it speaks to the fact that I've developed sites before and played with branding.

wow, awesome. i noticed the new channels you have setup to accommodate for other electronic music listeners. i really hope you keep playing a state of trance mixes in 2008, i basically tune in for that. how did the changes mid 2007 with the increased royalty fees effect you?? i was worried that would be the death of internet radio...

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It shouldnt go for less than 2k as owner has already paid over 1k for the name. Good luck with the name.

Absurd "logic". Value/price comes from true market variables, not from the price the owner has paid for it. Man... I will just buy 100000 shares of any stock and sell it tomorrow at twice what I paid for it...

bro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Absurd "logic". Value/price comes from true market variables, not from the price the owner has paid for it. Man... I will just buy 100000 shares of any stock and sell it tomorrow at twice what I paid for it...
Hold on to your logic lessons for yourself and lowballers around you.
I was telling about what he paid to the previous poster. He paid fair price for the domain name if you ever tried to know about raising price of names like this one OR Tried to buy one, and for sure he would get much more for it if he sells this domain with good marketing.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kamil - You have to admit, it was thoughtless bringing up what was paid for the domain in this thread, as it will effect others appraisals.

I am sure arster will see a positive ROI on this knowing who he is now, one bloody smart marketer!

arster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dcristo: royalty issues are still a problem, negotiating with SoundExchange is like going to a dentist to get your filling only to find out he secretly only wants to sell you dentures.

With respect to price paid previously to get Haay.com, maybe people just wanted to show off they were bidding on it too, and then used WHOIS days later. But yes, previous price has nothing to do with potential. At under $2k this is marketing gold to a prospective brand, keeping it close for now.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Is this a thread to appraise, or to promote the domain?

We don't care how much you paid for it or if you think it's gold.

From an objective appraiser's perspective, this is a low quality, suggestive domain. Maybe developed as a brand it would be worth millions one day.

arster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex: fair enough, thanks for your opinion on it.

bro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dcristo, I am sorry for that n00b appraisal but when I was googling this name before commenting anything I found out the price and I mentioned it, I admit I didnt make sense with writing about price, Lesson learned and now moving on, but if someone digs up this post and quote it to tell me its Absurd "logic" its just provoking and nothing more.
Its appraisal forum and I am allowed to tell what is first impression of this domain on me, but if my appraisal hurts people I would avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators