Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

half.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
I don't actually go for them - I just make the drop lists put them up for free and affiliate with the best .co.uk catcher www.detagged.co.uk

:laugh:

I feel if I say any more I will actually start to help you do better than the miserable effort you have already demonstrated to date. I certainly don't want to do that because if it did, I don't think I'd get anywhere near as much opportunity to LAUGH OUT LOUD after reading every clueless post you make. :laugh:

(oh still banned from the other forum I see! I thought you were leaving this one, never to return! ;))

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Ronnie_
...One more thing - I am currently working on a user interface for the SnatchBack system...

This is the same company that is also trying to use the "DropCatcher" name as well, is it not?

Ronnie, you might wish to rethink your use of the latter. I am starting to see a trend here.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David,

At last count this week, just over 80% of bookings are for 3rd parties. I will not advertise many of them on the site because firstly, Google get upset when you just indiscriminately list domains and strike you off! :) Also, many of the domains for 3rd parties are not of interest to a potential customer - they're the sort that would have people on this forum rolling around on the floor laughing about :).

I wouldn't have thought Google would strike you off if you merely list the domain names you catch rather than list and link to them. I'd have thought it would just see them as text, like any other text. If not, there are ways to get around this (e.g. graphical representations).

Since you're offering a service to the public I would have thought it would be very beneficial to list the domain names that you have grabbed for customers in addition to the ones that you catch for yourself. Nobody should laugh at them because genuine customers paid you to secure them for whatever reason they happen to have. You merely provided them with a service that they requested. :)

If you only list the names you grab for yourself, whilst claiming to offer a public service, you'll honestly give people the impression that you're collecting information and then only registering for yourself. That might not bother you but impressions count, as I am sure you are aware. :)

It just looks like I'll have to load that whole PRSS into memory again and do a string search for THORNTON :). Oh, to have it in a database!

That's too easy! ;) Seriously though, I don't know much about the PRSS other than basically what it is for (along with the proposed changes) but isn't all the fuss with regards to the PRSS related to people using it for things other than its intended purpose. :) One of the things specifically mentioned in the case-paper I read was that Nominet were concerned about people using it to provided WLS.

Can I ask you how you managed to secure access? If you prefer to contact me by email, you're welcome :)

Thanks.

_Ronnie_

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can I ask you how you managed to secure access? If you prefer to contact me by email, you're welcome :)

Well, that would be telling :). Suffice to say that we probably acquired it in the same way as Martin from Nametrack did several months ago! It wasn't all that hard in those days and as I'm sure you're aware, they'ye pulled up the drawbridge now :(.

I see your point about Google - I know that they look very harshly upon 'link farms' and am a bit paranoid about detagged since it has a good page rank. We also agreed from the beginning not to list every domain we've acquired. I remember seeing a website by someone in Blackpool who lists about 1000 domains and then asserts that the total value is about 10 million pounds! http://www.your-name-here.co.uk/stock.html

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David Thornton why don't you **** off to Domain-state where you belong and stop showing your self up

When I have something worthwhile to say over here I say it. Likewise, when I have something worthwhile to say on the other forum I say it there. Sometimes I post the same thing on both.

Since you never have anything worthwhile to say at all, I don't understand why you post on either forum at all. ;)

There is only one good domain forum and thats this one !

I reckon it'd be even better here if you gave up posting to it all together (like you promised us all). :laugh:

Your jealous of www.detagged.co.uk and you know you are ! [/B][/QUOTE]

You've caught me out Andrew. Yes I am terribly jealous of detagged, but most of all I am jealous of YOU. :laugh: You're SO much better than me, being a moderator on here and of course catching and owning so many great domain names. I couldn't catch a good domain name if I tried. I must be imagining my portfolio and I guess _Ronnie_ must be too. :laugh:

[for those who may have missed it, I was being sarcastic]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Well, that would be telling :). Suffice to say that we probably acquired it in the same way as Martin from Nametrack did several months ago! It wasn't all that hard in those days and as I'm sure you're aware, they'ye pulled up the drawbridge now :(.

As Martin will no doubt confirm shortly, Nametrack (i.e. Martin Reeves) has never had access to the PRSS. :)

_Ronnie_

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As Martin will no doubt confirm shortly, Nametrack (i.e. Martin Reeves) has never had access to the PRSS. :)

OK, fair point, I must have been misinformed then. :)

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
David Thornton lets see your portfolio, your no pile, and your yes pile.

My names are here www.domain-shop.co.uk everything else i've developed and sold hundreds like txtme.com

The only person that posts obnoxious rubbish is YOU !

You were the one that poisoned them at domain-state to ban me - I DID NOTHING WRONG

You will not do this at dnforum - SO **** OFF

The only reason Safesys and YOU are pissed off with me is because you want me to shut up about .co.uk drops !

_Ronnie_

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cartoonz
This is the same company that is also trying to use the "DropCatcher" name as well, is it not?

Ronnie, you might wish to rethink your use of the latter. I am starting to see a trend here.

Cartoonz, we are not trying to rip off any other company, including your own, dropcatcher.com and I'm sorry you feel this way.

Let me assure you that we only go after the .co.uk names. Do you go after .co.uk names? If so, what is your tag? You see, from what I've seen, you've not registered any .co.uk names via a dropcatching service, and having visited dropcatcher.com, I don't see an operational website explaining what you do. Nor do I see a registered UK company. As such, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't see any conflict of interests there.

Please don't get defensive - I'm only telling it as I see it! :)

NeilUK

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NeilUK
...we are all competitors.
--------------------------------------
David are you having a dig at me with the laughing faces & bold "we" or am taking this the wrong way?

& why dont you bring your cards to the table (domains) ? If my .co.uk collection reflected what you say yours are I would be gloating and putting them all on show, just a suggestion.

RegNames.co.uk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Blimey - It's like a playground in here today.

Fun to read though, makes my chuckle :)

My Dad's bigger than your Dad, lol

Barry
www.commerce.co.uk
----------------------------

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My dad's collection of domain names is better than yours, but I'm not going to tell you what they are :laugh:

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David Thornton lets see your portfolio, your no pile, and your yes pile.

Sorry. My portfolio is my business. I don't believe there to be any value involved in me posting it anywhere. Those who I consider 'relevant' know it. I don't need to post it anywhere else because I am not seeking to publicise it or looking for kudos. :)

My names are here www.domain-shop.co.uk everything else i've developed and sold hundreds like txtme.com

Hundreds! ;)

You were the one that poisoned them at domain-state to ban me - I DID NOTHING WRONG

Of course, just like you didn't do anything to get yourself de-modded on here the other week, which resulted in you throwing a tantrum. ;)

You will not do this at dnforum - SO **** OFF

I think you've always managed to do a FABULOUS.COM :laugh: job of this yourself. ;)

The only reason Safesys and YOU are pissed off with me is because you want me to shut up about .co.uk drops !

I think you meant to say 'grow up'. No chance of you doing that is there. ;) You can say what you like about anything you like for all I care. It provides us all with free entertainment and it's not as if you actually have a clue about anything, as demonstrated on numerous occasions.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RegNames.co.uk
Blimey - It's like a playground in here today.

Fun to read though, makes my chuckle :)

My Dad's bigger than your Dad, lol

Barry
www.commerce.co.uk
----------------------------

It's half-term so school's out for Andrew. :laugh:

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...we are all competitors.
--------------------------------------
David are you having a dig at me with the laughing faces & bold "we" or am taking this the wrong way?

& why dont you bring your cards to the table (domains) ? If my .co.uk collection reflected what you say yours are I would be gloating and putting them all on show, just a suggestion.

you said we are all competitors. I'll be frank; I doubt that we probably are. :)

With regards to my domain names; I see no value in publicising them. You might see a 'value' in publicising yours and that is your perogative. I'm not out to be back-slapped. :)

Thanks.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This spat is really getting old. It's quite clear to me, from every thing that I've read, that you are a self-centered, spoiled, pompous child that needs attention and dearly needs to be "king of the castle". Try contributing something of value to these forums. Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom