Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Haltly

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

hiccks

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Need assistance with bin price. These names ending in -ly are hard to price. some have gone for low$XXX to mid $X,XXX. I am asking for help with end user bin price. I think re-seller price would be high $XX to low $XXX. correct me if i;m wrong. all help would be appreciated

hiccks

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How do you envisage this being used?

It is Brandable in my opinion. Just like Mondly, or kissly, or treacly, the list goes on and on for sales in generic dictionary word with suffix ly.
It could be a female clothing line that specializes in halter tops, or software that stops unwanted calls, or a company that puts a stop to anything the world might want to end, like off shore drilling or put a stop to air pollution. I can think of endless uses for this short memorable name.
Does this help with a possible bin price for an end user? Thanks again RobM for your help and insight.
@RobM Maybe a nicotine patch, gum, or program to help smokers stop smoking?

Last edited:
Reaction score
They are all good uses but when it comes to brandable names you have to think 'what does my domain offer that a similar domain at reg fee doesn't?'. This is because there is no immediate obvious use. I'm not saying the domain is worthless but it is almost impossible to appraise because it's value depends solely on the buyer's motivation and nothing to compare it to or figures to work from. However I wouldn't let it go cheap *if* someone approaches you with a view to a purchase. Being brandable though it may just sit in your portfolio for years before you let it drop. I wouldn't let it go for under 3 figures to a potential end user.

hiccks

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They are all good uses but when it comes to brandable names you have to think 'what does my domain offer that a similar domain at reg fee doesn't?'. This is because there is no immediate obvious use. I'm not saying the domain is worthless but it is almost impossible to appraise because it's value depends solely on the buyer's motivation and nothing to compare it to or figures to work from. However I wouldn't let it go cheap *if* someone approaches you with a view to a purchase. Being brandable though it may just sit in your portfolio for years before you let it drop. I wouldn't let it go for under 3 figures to a potential end user.
Thanks again I appreciate your time and insight. I'll put it for make offer

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom