• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Happy Internet Day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
18
Almost forgot!

I heard on the radio that today is/was Internet Day!!!

They talked about how many people uses the internet around the world.
 
really?
i never heard of such day
i wish the could give holiday to all internet users.
 
Yay! Is Al Gore going to make a guest appearance on the forum tonight? I hope he does, we can acclaim him for this lovely "Internets" he has created!
 
I wonder if Hallmark has a card for Internet Day?
 
I didn't know Al Gore created Internet :-)

NavySeals91 said:
Yay! Is Al Gore going to make a guest appearance on the forum tonight? I hope he does, we can acclaim him for this lovely "Internets" he has created!
 
Well, Happy Internet Day To all of us who "live" and work here
cheers :-P

(note: this greeting will be revoked if today is NOT Internet Day lol )
 
yeah Al gore was the one who proposed to a group of scientists (Vint Cerf was among them ) in the late 60s of the idea of internet.
 
although i've never heard of this day, now i know. happy internet day to all!
 
I knew it was a special day - just didn't know why!
 
lol.. Happy internet day :)
 
I didn't know Al Gore created Internet

He didn't... TCP/IP had nothing to do with him, nor did the creation of packet switching or IPTO's.
 
Rarethings said:
He didn't... TCP/IP had nothing to do with him, nor did the creation of packet switching or IPTO's.

That's what I meant:-)

I remember he was ridiculed by many tech guys who already been using bbs.

I think I used to have 800 or 900 baud (?) modem and it was fast at that time :-)
Or, was it 1200?
 
Is this a paid holiday? :fish2:
 
NameMogul.com said:
Is this a paid holiday? :fish2:

If your PPC is running strong. :ranger:
 
October 29 is known as the anniversary of the Internet. I think May 17 is nothing day.

What radio show?

Also, I am not necessarily an Al Gore fan, but do a do a search for
"Al Gore" Internet
if curious about his role.
 
Umm isen't "Internet Day," every day for us?
 
jasdon11 said:
I knew it was a special day - just didn't know why!
Because it's my birthday too :-D

Happy internet day :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom