• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed happyslob.com Is it worth this much?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristinaInCanada

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
224
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

My husband and I are considering a move in the future and so I may at some point sell my main website at no advertising!. I make around $180 on it per month with Google. With ads in the newsletter (over 10K subscribers) I make around another $400, bringing the total up to about $580-$600 income on it per month.

What would this site be worth? It has a PR4 rating...gets 10,000s of visitors per month.

Is it worth $5000? $7500? More? How would I figure it out?
Thanks so much for your help!
Christina
 
Yea..... If its making atleast 580 a month, multiply that by a Year and you get over $6,000.
 
SouthernTn said:
Yea..... If its making atleast 580 a month, multiply that by a Year and you get over $6,000.

I would crank the income up before I sold it. Looking at your site, I see many ways that you could increase your adsense income...
 
E-Promote - I sent you a PM, because I'd be very grateful for any tips on how to make adsense more lucrative...

So, generally a site's value is calculated by how much it's made per month and then multiply by 12 for one year's income? I've heard it can be 2 years' income or more...


Thanks again,
Christina
 
Some people are willing to pay for 2 years or more, but that will depend on the site content and if it requires a lot of work or not. I know I am willing to pay up to 2 years income for low maintenance, high revenue sites... And I'm sure there are others who are willing to pay that, or maybe even more.
 
Awesome, thanks for the advice dragonhawk. I guess I need to work on the site to make sure it's maintenance free and a good investment before I ever sell...
 
ChristinaInCanada said:
Awesome, thanks for the advice dragonhawk. I guess I need to work on the site to make sure it's maintenance free and a good investment before I ever sell...

I cant remember who it was but i stated 1 or 2 years revenue for valuation on a similar thread,the guy who posted it laughed and said "if you know anybody who sells it that low let me know as i pay 5 times revenue" problem i forgot who it was !
 
What a bummer... I would've liked to know who he was also coz I've been buying all of my sites at around 1 years revenue. If I can sell it to him for 5 years revenue, then I'd be making an instant 500% profit :D
 
standard for good site making over $50/mo is 24 - 48 months rev...BUT, I have seen payments as high as 72 months revenue for great sites, depends on the domain too and it's base value! YOU AS THE SELLER SET THE PRICE...write that down! :)

Chris
 
Eight times the annual revenue is not rare for domains that have low (natural) traffic but are high profile (dictionary) keywords.
 
Not sure why the site name was removed, the domain is important to your question, and I don't see that this is an advertisement in disguise.
 
I think that the domain could be really sold for 3-4 years revenue.
If ChristinaInCanada wants to know a couple of names willing to buy for that money, she only has to PM me.

Don't forget that the website comes with 10,000 newsletter members. If you choose your affiliations properly that could easily become a lot of money! I remember reading somewhere that if you are a good ezine writer every ezine member should bring you $1/month on average

I personally wouldn't sell an estabilished site like that for less than $20k.
 
Wow, nice quote aldwin! (Big grins here on my side... $20K would make me a very happy gal.) I contacted you via PM. :)

P.S. I would post the name of the site again, but I don't want to step on any toes. If anyone wants it, you can PM me.
 
hey congrats on being the cool site of the day ... hope it did well for ya!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom