Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Harvesting??? the next generation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Todays reg = sexyasses.mobi - 57k Ovt

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haven't regged any in a while but took advantage of Godaddy's 2 mobi's for $20 deal.

Naramata .mobi (small wine country town in the Okanagan Valley, BC)

Exhib.mobi (french term related to 'adult' content 35k ovt, or english term short for exhibit) nice and short

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haven't regged any in a while but took advantage of Godaddy's 2 mobi's for $20 deal.

Naramata .mobi (small wine country town in the Okanagan Valley, BC)

Exhib.mobi (french term related to 'adult' content 35k ovt, or english term short for exhibit) nice and short

I like exhib.mobi - and geo's should be safe...

Todays reg;

quadbikes.mobi - 15k UK Ovt - quads.mobi is on the reserved list

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today, I 'ar bin mostly regin'

heathrowparking.mobi

and

meetforsex.mobi

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Todays reg's;

18s.mobi
wltm.mobi - acronym for 'Would Like To Meet' - used widely in the UK in personals ads

Crappy Ovt, but hey...

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like 18s - may be something good out of this.

jackandfriends

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a few....

CAMGALS.MOBI
CAMPAL.MOBI
CHATPAL.MOBI
CRUISEBOOKING.MOBI
FLIGHTSEATBOOKING.MOBI
GPPS.MOBI - Global Phone Positioning System
GPST.MOBI - GPS Tracking
GPTS.MOBI - Global Phone Tracking System
HOTPAL.MOBI
HQTV.MOBI
NYBG.MOBI - New York Business Group
JACKVEGAS.MOBI
LIVEGALS.MOBI
MEDIAFEEDS.MOBI
PARKHOTELS.MOBI
SEATMAPS.MOBI
SPEEDCAMS.MOBI
TVSTREAMS.MOBI
VIDEOPAL.MOBI

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to read all (currently) 18 pages of this thread, but I do think some of these registrations are ludicrous and have no chance of success. Ask yourself this before regging .mobis: Is anybody actually going to type this domain into a mobile device? I'm not knocking .mobi, and I have a few, but all you're doing with these 'offbeat' ones is fattening the registry coffers, and diluting the credibility of the market. Just my 2c.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to read all (currently) 18 pages of this thread, but I do think some of these registrations are ludicrous and have no chance of success. Ask yourself this before regging .mobis: Is anybody actually going to type this domain into a mobile device? I'm not knocking .mobi, and I have a few, but all you're doing with these 'offbeat' ones is fattening the registry coffers, and diluting the credibility of the market. Just my 2c.

This thread is only 4 pages in my browser...... :?:

jackandfriends

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...but I do think some of these registrations are ludicrous and have no chance of success. Ask yourself this before regging .mobis: Is anybody actually going to type this domain into a mobile device?.
Time will tell.
I don't like to type in 10 digit phone numbers, but I have to...
Text messaging is so common these days so I think people get used to it over time.
Who knows, maybe there will be other technical solutions in the future.
.MOBI is for the future. Today it's pretty worthless, I agree.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think I described the real thrust of my argument -- what I'm getting at is how relevant is this content going to be on some of the above domain names on a mobile? Why would I want to visit some of these obscure domains while I'm using my mobile? To me, the .mobi extension is really only useful if the content is something I'd want to see while I'm away from my PC, or is absolutely phone-specific.

jackandfriends

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why would I want to visit some of these obscure domains while I'm using my mobile? To me, the .mobi extension is really only useful if the content is something I'd want to see while I'm away from my PC, or is absolutely phone-specific.
People browse the net today on their mobile devices, phones and PDA's.
.MOBI only tells the user that the site is 100% compatible with mobile phones. Don't have to be phone-specific.
Maybe they have a PC at home and they bookmark all the .mobi's they like and then transfer all 100% working bookmarks to the phone? Just a thought...

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, there are a million views on this and it's been thrashed to death. You wouldn't be doing too much casual net browsing here in the UK with the data tariffs as they are.

jackandfriends

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
from Ericsson.com :

" .mobi is a top-level domain (TLD) approved by ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. .mobi is unique � it is the first top level domain dedicated to delivering the internet to the mobile phone. .mobi is sponsored by a consortium of companies which includes the most prominent mobile and Internet players in the world.

.mobi is the first � and only � top level domain dedicated to users who access the Internet through their mobile phones.

With four mobile phones purchased for every one personal computer, there's a world of people whose main access point to the Internet is a mobile phone. And every one of those users can trust that a web site is compatible with their mobile phone if that site's address ends in .mobi.

In an increasingly mobile society, businesses, organisations and individuals need to reach and interact with their customers via the mobile web. A .mobi address allows them to bypass the constraints of geography, operators and handsets to effectively reach their audience.

For content providers, it opens a new and more profitable revenue stream, without having to rely on operator portals. Conversely, for operators, .mobi allows increased use of profitable data services while ensuring a good user experience and, therefore, customer loyalty. And that's because dotMobi ensures a predictable, consistent experience on a mobile phone by encouraging site owners to use dotMobi Switch On!TM Guides, based on Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C) open standards.

In short, .mobi will revolutionize the use of the Internet on mobile devices � but why now and why with .mobi? Because dotMobi, the company behind the .mobi domain, is backed by the most prominent mobile and Internet players in the world � the same companies who have delivered the promise of today's information society: Ericsson, GSM Association, Google, Hutchison, Microsoft, Nokia, Orascom Telecom, Samsung Electronics, Syniverse, Telef�nica Moviles, TIM (Telecom Italia), T-Mobile and Vodafone."

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
regged a nice one just now.
haven't regged any in weeks.
looking for a joiner at moment to fit my kitchen.
joiner/s all gone in all top extensions .
even in .org.uk & .me.uk! lol
got it in .mobi!

joiners.mobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators