• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Has anyone here sold a name through GreatDomains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunroof

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
829
Reaction score
0
Just curious to see if anyone here has actually listed or sold a name through GreatDomains. It looks like they only list what they think are high value, generic names. Verisign bought them back in 2000 for a pretty high price, in line with the bubble days. But, they are still in business, so they must be doing something right.

If they accept a name to be listed for sale on their site, does that mean its worth close to what they list it for? Do they do any active marketing, beyond listing it on their site? I'm considering listing one of my generic names there, and just wondering if its worth it. Thanks.
 
I thought that the buyout by Verisign was quite recent (maybe last year).
They have some great names :greensmilewinkgrin: but many are overpriced.
Especially for their .cc or .tv domains (must be because Verisign is the registry for .cc & .tv).

I don't think they sell very often. If they are still in business it does not necessarily mean business is thriving but the operating costs just for listing domains on a web site are not high :tongue1:
Do not expect wonders from them but listing is free as long as there is no sale and you get free exposure.
 
I've tried but they seem to be very strict on what type of domains they let in. They try to stick to one or two word domains, and they need to be absolutely premium with no questions or red flags. Even if you can get listed, I think that most of their domains are overpriced. You'd be better off selling at a live auction such as T.R.A.F.F.I.C.'s auction.
 
I've bought from them, but never sold anything through them. They are very responsive and professional.
 
One of my .tv names was accepted a while back but I never had any interest in it, it was listed for $5000...

I think they do overvalue the .tv and .cc names...
 
its a blue moon kinda buy and sell site...
 
I hate them. They think they are unique and are crap.
 
I have one of my names listed there

Commodities.cc

I think they are professionals an it`s free listing
 
They don't seem to have all that many great domains anymore.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom