Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.

domacq

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am Dan from the UK.

I am new to the forum, looking to buy domain names (in particular) .com and .co.uk names including LLLL, generic and "brandable" names.

Looking forward to doing business with some of you and being part of the community.

Domain summit 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to DNF

domacq

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thank you ninja and stewie :) much appreciated

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, there are currently 19 LLLL.com domains in Godaddy closeouts. One is a typo of Iraq (irwq)! Or something something water quality...

Let's see if someone buys it in the 6 hours left... :rolleyes:

domacq

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thank you david, I had not considered godaddy as they are a very poor domain registration agent and hosting is also bad. I used to register all my .com and .nets with them, have moved domains away since. I had forgot about their domain marketplace. I will check it out, thank you.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snap them up and transfer them out then, they have a great market for expiring domains IMO.

The only thing that sucks is paying $1,400 up front for a domain you can't have for 7 days. If the registrant decides to renew it in 6 days, you don't get the domain... but a refund. It's happened several times on $XXX and XXXX domains.

One of which was $5XX and the domainer decided to renew it. I contacted him to see if he wanted to sell it for $5XX or come to terms. He then said he had it for several years and would not sell. He sent me other names at what I would call not even end user prices for LLLL.com's (~8000 for xyfz.com type), proclaimed that he was GoDaddy's #1 user and had the audacity to put me on his mailing list for domains he has for sale similar to domains that sell for XXXX+ (I.E. HouseSlippers.com sold for $X,XXX so he offers his HouseSlipper.com in the newsletter)... Domainers...

But, welcome to the forum anyway! :welcome:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am Dan from the UK.

I am new to the forum, looking to buy domain names (in particular) .com and .co.uk names including LLLL, generic and "brandable" names.

Looking forward to doing business with some of you and being part of the community.

Hi Dan

Welcome to DnForum.com

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum

domacq

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
David, its good to hear your experiences with godaddy. The whole payment upfront can be a barrier for many - its pretty much restricted to those with significant capital to invest simultaneously - with the money tied up pending refund. Godaddy and the like must do well with the payments on account in such period.

Thank you katherine, biggie and tt9000 for your kind words. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators