Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hello boys and girls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
My name is Helmuts and I'm from Maidstone, UK (originally from Latvia that is relatively fresh member of EU).

I have been involved in webdesign business for more than 10 years (can't really remember when I had my first client..) and only now made a decision to move into domain trade industry.

As I'm getting older (still only 37) I'm worried that web design is a business for young guys as when we get older we tend not to follow the industry news and stick to conservative methods - but that is the worst one could do in online business industry.

Well, I have tried my luck in building several different online platforms that should start generating passive income within few years and I'm still working on some of them..

As for domaining - well, I have been lucky to build few nice, well ranked and websites and have sold 3 of them so far always getting low 4 figure numbers for them...

I hope that I have learnt all the mistakes we have done.. like getting long 4-word or .info domains and the law "don't buy domains when using alcohol" ;)

So here I come.. a family guy (wife, 4 daughters, dog, cat and 2 fish) with some skills necessary to succeed online, though with limited resources and few domains in my pocket (around 40).

hummm... few interesting domains I have (I'm sure you're not the target audience, so hopefully I will be not banned for some reason already on my 2nd post) are: satanic-bible(dot)com and sekss(dot)tv .. regarding the last one >> "sekss" in Latvian stands for "sex"...

Oh.. I discovered this place after watching a video at http://www.domainsherpa.com/how-to-sell-a-domain-name/ where in the very end Adam Dicker made a promise that he would grant a free membership if a person has watched that particular video that far :) .. and tx to Chuck Fleming for fulfilling Adams promise :)

have a great weekend,
Helmuts Meskonis
Media Tower Limited

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome, helmuc. I'm one of the Brits who welcome our new friends from E Europe. I also come from Kent, so know Maidstone well.

But heck man, if you think 37 is getting old, what does that make me, almost twice your age?

Still, I had only sons, I guess 4 daughters would make anyone feel old.

What happens in Media Tower? Is that your company, or a place where you work?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:rofl:

Johnn just cracks me up, if senses of humor could be trademarked he'd be his own Microsoft :cool:

Welcome. I can understand what did you do to have 4 daughters but how do you make dog cat and fish?

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Welcome, helmuc. I'm one of the Brits who welcome our new friends from E Europe. I also come from Kent, so know Maidstone well.

But heck man, if you think 37 is getting old, what does that make me, almost twice your age?

Still, I had only sons, I guess 4 daughters would make anyone feel old.

What happens in Media Tower? Is that your company, or a place where you work?

wow.. it feels awesome to meet a fellow domainer from Kent :)

as for 37 and twice of my age - it makes you a very experienced man.. hey we should share few pints ;) .. really :)

Media Tower is my company.. one of its products was Medway Times, but sold it 18 months ago after having a clash with Medway council..

1902947_831866663506764_782033764_n.jpg

.. as for now.. I'm really fed up with working 20 hours a day from home office and making my bank business manager a little sad (will not describe the emotions of my wife..), so few weeks ago took a job offer as a road technician by a friend of mine and now I can think about broader picture.. Media Tower Limited is my main mothership as they say.. :)

the main project I am working is Outlived.co.uk - free online UK classifieds and maybe one day will succeed with it.. that is a long, long term project :)

that's in few more words about me :)

Helmuts

p.s. .. and that's my table:
1175663_711951755498256_1021644922_n.jpg

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
:rofl:

Johnn just cracks me up, if senses of humor could be trademarked he'd be his own Microsoft :cool:

.. hummm.. talking about Microsoft... could I have problems with this domain:

Last edited by a moderator:

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cat has the right idea.

You sure you're not a forex trader? - they have screens like that

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Cat has the right idea.

You sure you're not a forex trader? - they have screens like that

:D .. actually you are kinda not far away from truth :) ... I examined loads of pictures and videos of day traders to understand what is the optimal setup if you need more than 1 screen..

this is the last one and it works like a charm:
live chat support on the left >< main workstation in the middle>< TweetDeck on the right>

1901134_509515242502811_1424921522_n.jpg

.. still have got space for 5 more monitors (have set-up 2 quad monitor stands) :)

DavidH

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Warm welcome Helmuts from County Durham :)

(My great grandfather came up to this part of the world as a cabin boy on a sailing ship some ninety years ago from Faversham.)

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Warm welcome Helmuts from County Durham :)

(My great grandfather came up to this part of the world as a cabin boy on a sailing ship some ninety years ago from Faversham.)

nice to meet you David :)

greetings from Maidstone :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ;)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to DNF

lobos

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Helmuc be strong, you have much to learn :cool: (I still am)
Drop the micrsosft I believe no one will purchase it from you.
Any way, good luck!!!

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the DNForum mate. I like your multiscreen office setup :) Makes it geeky in a good way

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Welcome! Helmuc be strong, you have much to learn :cool: (I still am)
Drop the micrsosft I believe no one will purchase it from you.
Any way, good luck!!!

well, I use micrsosft as a 301 redirect (don't plan to sell it, of course) - generates a bit of traffic every month (not much, but still - traffic is traffic) ;)

Welcome to the DNForum mate. I like your multiscreen office setup :) Makes it geeky in a good way

Danke :) .. well, it is easier to work this way, than to have sh*! loads of windows open all the time :)

dv82

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome Helmuc. Nice setup you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom