Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hello, I'm newbie here, really need help from everyone.

Looker

Level 1
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm at the right place for this, newbie always make mistakes.

Firstly, to be honest, I'm 40, from Papua New Guinea (png for short), and new to domain business. Yes, I guess I'm pretty far behind. Anyway, I bought five .com domains an year ago from Godady and parked it at Sedo. However someone from Japan owns a similar two word domain to one of mine that is currently parked, but his domain has hyphen "-" sign in between the two words and .jp ending. Am I likely to face any legal issues, since he has developed a website since 2013. I don't know what to do next. Please need genuine advice. If it means to let go, I'll drop it. I want to post these domains here but if I'm allowed to do so. Thanks forum.

Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
Firstly - hi and welcome to DNFourum :)
Secondly - no. You say the domain has 'similar' words. If he doesn't have a trademark or he does have a trademark but you aren't promoting anything that infringes on his rights don't worry. If you want to PM me the domains I can check but I suspect this is not the case.
Is this concern due to an email? I have had spam domains in the past 'alerting' me to possible infringement in obscure extensions compared to the .com I own - these are spam and should be discarded.

Looker

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks RobM, that's very clever. Never had any spam emails attack but I'll be alert. The domains are;
Mine: nikkeihouse.com,
His: nikkei-house.jp

Reaction score
No too ambiguous. Just make sure you never serve ads or directly compete with the offering on his website to make sure. A quick search of japanese trademarks doesn't show one. However a visit to your site doesn't show it parked at sedo - it spams through several ads before ending up at spam click sites. Is this intended?

Looker

Level 1
Reaction score
To be so sure, I'm not comfortable with having such similarities as an inexperienced person in this field. It is no what I like but I'll decide. As for my site, I'm experiencing the same problems of redirecting when trying to access from browsers. Maybe I didn't setup my parked page properly. I never intended to do so. I'm learning.

Reaction score
I don't use sedo anymore but I think you can change the type of parking. This kind of parking reminds me of zero day ads at domainsponsor. The problem is adblockers filter out most of it so visitors are just left with a blank page and no way to see your domain for sale or get in touch.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators