• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed HELP! $3000 offer received: FRA(.)MOBI

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3k to 5k would be ok for this name. If you don't have any plans for the name yourself, you can take the 3k and invest it in other domains.
 
I also had a case when the initial offer of $100.00 ended paying $3,500.00

Isn't FRA one sort of iso code for France?
I'm almost sure it is.
 
You guys need to stop being idealist in this industry and start being professionals. Professional domainers don't waste time with a very low then hope for a mid-way counter, they start with their best offer(maybe a little less). And when idealists like you guys come out and think every name is worth $10K just because of an initial bid- they cancel there offer for becuase of a rediculous newbie counter. You counter with $10K or $5K and can most surely gaurantee you lose yet another potential sale. It's a good offer and this name is not even worth it- but you want to be greedy, then go right ahead.

That's not always the case. I've sold a LLL .net for $11k to a German power company. They started at $500.
 
I also had a case when the initial offer of $100.00 ended paying $3,500.00

Isn't FRA one sort of iso code for France?
I'm almost sure it is.

Yes, ISO and international code for:
France
Frankfurt International Airport, IATA airport code (one of the busiest in the world)
Frankfurt Stock Exchange
Forward Rate Agreement

and many more as I described at the starting point.
-that's why I'm concerned - Who is behind? What to do?

What if this is Sarkozy negotiating?;)
 
They would have owned FRA.de already (but they don't).
Good point.

FRA airport (Frankfurt) is also the hub of Lufthansa Airlines...oooh...aah...the suspicion grows.
 
Good point.

FRA airport (Frankfurt) is also the hub of Lufthansa Airlines...oooh...aah...the suspicion grows.

Agree...

(some day I thought about regging all major airports ISO/Intern. codes. But it was too late... :( )
 
FRA airport (Frankfurt) is also the hub of Lufthansa Airlines...oooh...aah...the suspicion grows.

(sorry...doublepost)

Another option is this...

Politely turn down the offer.

Thank the other party for making the offer but politely turn it down. Do not make a counter offer. Do not come back at them with anything. But leave the door open.

If they are truely interested they will come back at you and THEY will up their offer.

This has worked in the past (for me and a couple other folks I know of). Without knowing who you are dealing with, you may be dealing with a broker who has been offered 20K to secure the domain and is offering you 3K (sounds crazy? its not. Happens more than you know).

At any rate, right now all is speculation. What is not speculation is you now have very good insight as to what you hold in your hand and what the potential for this domain name is. FRA.com is held by a German firm but I did not do too much digging (ie, parent co. of Lufthansa).

Again, my suggestion...

Politely and gracious thank the other party for making the offer but turn the offer down. No counter offer.

If they are seriously hot after this domain, they'll come back and either make you a higher offer or come right out and ask you how much is it going to take.
 
FRA.com
registrant: OMNILINK GbR
address: Frankfurt

http://www.omnilink.com/ -> Tiscali AGB (German Portal)

Looks like they may have Frankfurt in mind

Reassuming:

1. I have the most 30% chance this is not a jokester
2. I am going to shoot for end-user
3. I will either turn the offer down or make 5k counter or make 10k counter
4. I have to think
5. I will keep you updated

Thank you all for the input
 
Yea, will be looking forward to what goes on.. thanks
 
dont counter. (because I am the offerer...j/k...)
well, counter it with $4800.
 
this was a good read..

Your right its interesting to read end user offers, especially on that extension. Thank you for posting it.

A three letter country acronym is worth quite a lot more than a standard three letter name imho, so comparing them directly isn't really fair.

Yes, ISO and international code for:
France
Frankfurt International Airport, IATA airport code (one of the busiest in the world)
Frankfurt Stock Exchange
Forward Rate Agreement

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/Folded+Reflector+Antenna

Here's a few for you :)

Best of luck with the sale.
 
i would counter with $4500,

$450 will go to afternic, so this leaves you with over 4K, pretty good for a mobi.
 
A different perspective:
I have had a low XXXX offer for fra_in which may or may not be comparable to fra_mobi depending on the shoes you wear.

*if you need the cash > ask for 5k and sell in the middle (assuming this is legit) or take the 3k if you really need $$
*if you are a .mobi believer then hold as ISO country codes are unique and
globally recognized
*if you want to take a chance and learn ask for $35k

Good luck and do keep us informed
PS I did not sell
 
:gossip:pppssttt...politely turn down the offer. Make no counter offer.

They'll come back to you :yo: Let them up the ante. :yes:

If they do not, then it was not meant to be. :nono:

It will tell you that they would not even consider the higher counter offer. :amen:

:plane:~~~~~ll GO ALONG FOR THE RIDE! ll

Play it cool.:wave:
 
def counter with something around the $5k mark i reckon they will snap it up!!!
 
If you dont need the cash right away, do what Doc suggested, turn down the offer and let them come to you, Make sure your whois info is correct, and wait for the phone to ring, my biggest sales went down this way.
 
I have heard many good solutions here.

I’m very confident with this particular name (not usual LLL) so I'm close to turning this down in a very polite way, of course.

Thank you all

Turned down.
(Everyone passing me this idea is liable for the outcome! Howgh!)
;););)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom