• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale help me out - buy a name and help me get my stolen name back

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
6,459
Reaction score
3
Hi guys,

I am in need of $150 to get a stolen name back, its a long story, but basically the thief wants this money to get back the money he lost in a Paypal transaction, but the problem is, I dont have this money and now I dont have my domain either.

Its a long story, but the bottom line is I am in need of $150 via Paypal pretty quickly or I probably wont get the name back. Paypal wont help, Namecheap hasn't responded to my emails.


masts.net - $100 (perfect for sailing and or boating website)

baloogan.com - $50 (good made up name, had a 41 OVT score w/ extension last month, not sure about traffic)

PorscheGT1.com - $50 (great car domain name)

BMWM6.net - $25 (upcomming supercar)


thanks everyone for your support!

PM to claim
 
Hi GT,

Sorry to hear that. If that's true, and you send the thief another $150... I seriously doubt you will get the domain back. They are just giving you a low-ball price to make it more likely the get more out of you. :(

-Wesley
 
yep.

report him to the registrar.

- Jordan
 
I tried, and Namecheap hasn't replied to my email :-(
 
puravida - thanks for the concern, but I do believe this will get me the name back. At this point, I can either try to get it back with the help of Namecheap, which doesn't look very possible, or just pay the money and see what happens. The name is worth $800-$1000 to me, so $150 doesn't seem like that much to get it back.
 
grab me on msn, ill help.
 
Email Richard Kirkendall at Rick [ at ] NameCheap [ dot ] com
 
thanks guys, NameTower, I'll msn you next time you're online...

and sending an email to the address above, thanks Timechange!
 
There's a motto for your situation. Once bitten, twice shy.. It doesn't make any sense that the person who stole the domain is suffering any losses. If someone used his/her account to pay for the domain then why is it in his/her name? It would seem that the thief would use the stolen paypal account and then put the domain in another name.
 
lol, I'm working on it....
 
buy all the names above for only $160...PM me to claim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom