• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Help! My buyer has paid and deserted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2003
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
91
This is a strange one. I sold a forum site to user here 'Instructor' (real first name 'Yusuf') for $950 in February 2006. He paid me and I told him I'd host the site for three months. I've not seen hide nor hair of him since and I still have control over the domain and the forum, and have been keeping up the hosting for him. I even renewed the domain for him in June.

Does anyone know where I can find this guy and pass over to him what is his property?

Again; DNF member 'Instructor' (no longer) and first name 'Yusuf'.

Thanks!
 
Dan, I have no idea at all. The site is here:

http://www.pdaphone.tv -- you can see I made a plea for him to contact me as a front page post back in May. Maybe I should just back it all up and mothball it for the moment. It's getting spammed out and I have no time to continue admin with it. I also deleted most of my PMs here last month, so I can't trace anything through that.
 
Don't know but certainly your credit rating will be affected at some point ;)
 
Don't know but certainly your credit rating will be affected at some point ;)
Sorry, I missed your point there ... can you elaborate please? MY credit rating will be affected for trying to find someone who has paid me for something and hasn't taken delivery, and who I am trying to trace to hand it over? And whilst paying his bills and hosting it all in his absence? Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?
 
It was a joke--along the lines of no good deed goes unpunished ;)
 
haha it has happened to me atleast 10 times. just sell again.. if they can't take delivery within 3 months..., they never come back to me.. (yet!) :P
Call me old fashioned, but I can't do that Duncan.
 
It seems the member ( if it is spdude) is indeed very active in the DNForum!! He even logged on yesterday! lol
 
Curious to see if you find him, and his reaction.
 
Thanks to JEsports for the heady detective work.
 
he probably have paid with fake cc and now waiting a time to see if it gone well and no charge backs, so then he will request your site and buy some more...
imho
 
he probably have paid with fake cc and now waiting a time to see if it gone well and no charge backs, so then he will request your site and buy some more...
imho

LOL is that really you in the photo Angel or you wish ?
 
why JES wins? i won
the question wasn't where is the buyer, but why he is hiding after purchase
i gave the most advanced reason so i won

to britbuldog: yea, me, not wishing
 
Matter resolved. Thanks to contributors. Mods - please close as you see fit.
 
azooza, what happened at the end of this story? I want to know the end ! :-)
 
yeah me too? surely you don't forget you just bought a site?
Pred :cheeky:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom