Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Help please! Domain being duplicated and URL spoofed many others as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
smokey99 said:
When I create the .htaccess file in notepad and transfer to my www root it comes up as .htaccess.txt is that ok and correct?
Thanks

No, wrong, it will not work, Notepad always does that. Delete the .txt ending by renaming the file.

It has no file extension and must be exactly this way, with the dot in front

.htaccess

Domain Summit 2024

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
No, wrong, it will not work, Notepad always does that. Delete the .txt ending by renaming the file.

It has no file extension and must be exactly this way, with the dot in front

.htaccess
if the dot is in the front, wouldnt the word htaccess become the file ext.?

smokey99

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am running XP pro, when I rt click the file and try to rename it, ot doesn't give me the option of changing the extension
I have tried from explore as well.
sorry to be so dense
I tried changing to save as "all files" .htaccess but won't work

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
smokey99 said:
I am running XP pro, when I rt click the file and try to rename it, ot doesn't give me the option of changing the extension
sorry to be so dense

i think trader said this once in another way but... open the file up in notepad again... go to file on the menu, click save as... when the save window comes up, choose all files, then name it.htaccess nothing else, not even a space before the period, click save.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smokey, go read a manual or take it to a newbie area. This is a bigger problem than your website.

Kai, if you have my cell, call me.

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what i would suggest is to refrain from plugging in urls as the script grabs the sites right at that moment... it's main focus is most likely phishing ... such as the bank john supplied earlier ... maybe something as inane as trying to cull email addresses for spam but since it grabs from whatever is put in the address bar above it's taking everything.

While tres suggested changing your .htacess file for an individual site fix... I think everyone should notify their hosting providers this information since it could be devasting to any commerce site as well as banks.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's main focus is most likely phishing

Either that, or it is simply someone's personal proxy, and there is nothing at all devious going on.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Either that, or it is simply someone's personal proxy, and there is nothing at all devious going on.

No.

The pages themselves are making background calls to the intended destination, and altering the content to so they response to links and form go to HIS server, then sent on the to the destination server. This gives him the opportunity to store all data in both directions, including and ID's and passwords.

This is very different from framing, which is a page that tells the browser to open a sub-window, and directly interact with the intended server. With framing, the 3rd party never sees the data passed in the fram at all, so it's safe.

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
No.

The pages themselves are making background calls to the intended destination, and altering the content to so they response to links and form go to HIS server, then sent on the to the destination server. This gives him the opportunity to store all data in both directions, including and ID's and passwords.

This is very different from framing, which is a page that tells the browser to open a sub-window, and directly interact with the intended server. With framing, the 3rd party never sees the data passed in the fram at all, so it's safe.

Which is the scenario that has me most worried, %+|

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Juniper, that is what a proxy server DOES.

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Juniper, that is what a proxy server DOES.

Perhaps.. I've never been big on technical terms, lol... but to say nothing devious is going on is an understatement... even if it's someone's idea of a joke, it's still devious.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but to say nothing devious is going on is an understatement... even if it's someone's idea of a joke, it's still devious

And you know this, how?

Click on this:

http://translate.google.com/transla...coff=1&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

Is that devious?

Or, consider open proxy systems like anonymizer.com - the way it works is to run all of your http traffic through an intermediate system.

If you don't know what a proxy is, or the various reasons for using one, then please find out.

Maybe an example would help.

Let's say that I was offended by the word "otter", and I didn't want to ever see any web page that contained the word "otter". One thing I could do is to set up a process at otterfilter.johnberryhill.com so that it would process any input of .otterfilter.johnberryhill.com and ...een connected with any sort of phishing spam?

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you guys happened to look around you would notice this
1bu.com filters the function: You add in the back of existing websites .1bu.Com is visited, can filter FLASH above ,etc. , benefits your use. If you are a network station owner, do not hope your websites are filtered and visited , can apply to cancel .
The link is ************** . I found this after maybe 10 seconds. We should turn this into a concert. I'll post the link later. And to think...

smokey99

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why are these sites showing up in my page view stats? at masterstats
I realize the mightygrip.ca is because of this duplicated page issue, but why is google showing up as my page?

ACCESSED URLS:

google. ca/search
mightygrip. ca.1bu.com
http: // 66.102.7.104/search

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found this after maybe 10 seconds.

Yah, after looking around to see whether there were any reports of nefarious activity, it sure seemed as if it was a run-of-the-mill proxy of some kind.

http://proxify.com/

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The ping on it is a second and a half. Thats horrible. Its located somewhere in Asia. I wouildn't worry about it anymore.

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
And you know this, how?

Click on this:

http://translate.google.com/transla...coff=1&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

Is that devious?

Or, consider open proxy systems like anonymizer.com - the way it works is to run all of your http traffic through an intermediate system.

If you don't know what a proxy is, or the various reasons for using one, then please find out.

Geeeeeeeee whiz.... No sense of humor around here whatsoever... What is the meaning of the word devious? If you don't know the meaning of that word...perhaps you should look it up. I was making a joke, plain and simple.

Since I'm offended by the lack of humor I shall filter that out.

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need to rename it via your FTP program.

smokey99 said:
sorry to be so dense

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This could also be related to China's censorship of various domains. Whoever set this up may just want freedom of the press, so to speak. If the Chinese authorities block Google (which they have done at times in the past) this site may represent an alternative way to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom