Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Help wanted donate 3000 DNF-Yahoo Trademark Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've already ask to confirm who they are!
I hope I'll get the answer soon!

Confirm? Jesus, it's right there in black and white. A blind person would be able to confirm the email is legitimate.

Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The main issue is they are instructing NOT TO CANCEL but to transfer.

So how is a transfer to happen without confirmation and notice of where to transfer or to whom to transfer.

As mentioned I aso received such a letter, expressed my willingness to comply, but have nothing else to go on.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So how is a transfer to happen without confirmation and notice of where to transfer or to whom to transfer.

Copy their whois, unlock, send them the authcode. Keep a copy of the correspondence.

As mentioned I aso received such a letter, expressed my willingness to comply, but have nothing else to go on.

Quite often an attorney will send a letter demanding transfer, and have no idea how to transfer a domain name.

See step one above.

Once in a while, you do run into an impostor attorney. It's not rocket science to figure that out, though.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Copy their whois, unlock, send them the authcode. Keep a copy of the correspondence.

Quite often an attorney will send a letter demanding transfer, and have no idea how to transfer a domain name.

See step one above.

Once in a while, you do run into an impostor attorney. It's not rocket science to figure that out, though.
Brilliant solution. Would rather be done with this. That way even if the letter was bogus, the real attorney will still have it.

Is that why they call you Doctor John?

Tell me more about what you usually see.
What is "normal" that I have seen are from legal departments asking to cancel and send confirmation of cancellation. Such a request actually made no sense to me because canceling, dropping, expiring all puts the questionable domain back into circulation.

My previous encounters have been for blatant TM violations for the Oscars and Academy Awards years ago. Of course, it does not help when your sales page includes an image of the heavily copyrighted and TM image of the Oscar statue.

The other was from eBay legal wanting me to cancel the domain name MaineBays.com simply because it contained the word ebay. This was intended for on online photo journal of a planned kayaking trip to Maine and Nova Scotia.

That name is still in my possession after several emails back and forth and their consent(?) allowing me to keep it.

And you are correct...these were late 1990's - early 2000 ways of dealing with this matter.

Naturally, this "newer" (albeit the "norm" now) was suspicious asking to NOT CANCEL but rather transfer.

With so much domain theft in the news, I would imagine the scammers have adopted and modified their tactics to gain control of the domains.

ngochoa

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Naturally, this "newer" (albeit the "norm" now) was suspicious asking to NOT CANCEL but rather transfer.

With so much domain theft in the news, I would imagine the scammers have adopted and modified their tactics to gain control of the domains.

We are on the same page Doc Com.
Today I recived a letter:

Dear Mr. Dang:

I read the forum post at http://www.dnforum.com/f26/help-wan...hoo-trademark-infringement-thread-283139.html. People explained in response to your inquiry how you can authenticate the email you received, but for your benefit, I am copying Michelle at MarkMonitor, so she can confirm to you by reply email that the original email is authentic. You will need to unlock the domain, and provide her with the auth code. She will assist you.

In order to resolve this matter amicably, however, you must address by reply email each of the five (5) enumerated requests set forth in our original email.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation. As I had mentioned below, nothing herein shall waive any of Yahoo!'s legal rights or remedies, all of which are expressly reserved

Does Michelle is also a member of this forum? Where are you? This world is so small huh?

How can I unlock the domain and give you auth code? :?:
Any one have this, so any one can have the domain.
I knew yahoo have agent in Vietnam.
should i ask them to contac with me in Vietnam.:?:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It was a joke.

Vietnam. Rambo.

Ah, forget it. :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I love Vietnamese food. But you should give back the domain and enjoy some positive karma :)

ngochoa

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love Vietnamese food. But you should give back the domain and enjoy some positive karma :)

Yeah, i think so! PM me Whenever you are in Vietnam. I'll invite you to the best restorant in Hanoi!
I'm already write a letter to them and waiting for respond!
Thank to all who help me out of this matter!:eek:k:

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
do not transfer anything without correspondence back and forth ~ they could be a fishers

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why bother? If you paid reg fee for the name, and got the same back, then you're even...its a very clear TM infringement

boz

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Leaving aside the clearly blatant copyright infringement issue for a paragraph, what concerns me in my reading of this is that everyone is talking about receiving emails demanding the transfer. What ever happened to the legal letter delivered by snail mail? Surely that would be the proof you need that the demand is legitimate. An email could have been sent by a scammer.

Anyway, given that you admit to using a yahoo name (and yahoo IS internationally reknowned) you are infringing a trademark and shouldn't have the name in the first place.

domainrock

Newfound Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why anyone still even bothers with blatent trademarked domains is beyond me.

It's time for this industry to grow up and those of you still holding domains with the words "Yahoo" and "Google" in it deserve to have your names taken away.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to the legal letter delivered by snail mail?

The same thing that happened to accurate whois information.

There is nothing magic about paper.

Yes, ordinary prudence under the circumstances, such as inspecting the email header, is called for in a lot of situations.

Many attorneys use email as their primary communication method these days. Their correspondence does not have to arrive by horse drawn cart and handed to you by a man in a wig.

ngochoa

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many attorneys use email as their primary communication method these days. Their correspondence does not have to arrive by horse drawn cart and handed to you by a man in a wig.

But actually in Vietnam according to our law the email is not accept as legal document.
So what you are talking about here is just happen in USA.
About 80% Vietnamese people online do not use their email box as the primary of the communication to day!:eek:k:

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But actually in Vietnam according to our law the email is not accept as legal document.
So what you are talking about here is just happen in USA.
About 80% Vietnamese people online do not use their email box as the primary of the communication to day!:eek:k:
You can play hard ball with them if you want, but if you provoke them, they might up their stakes... and you don't want that. I'd say you should actually be glad it was just an email...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And you wonder why domainers have a bad rep, and bad laws follow :worried:

ngochoa

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And you wonder why domainers have a bad rep, and bad laws follow :worried:

There are no bad laws!
It's just suitable with my communities.

Yahoo not accept to pay me even reg fee!
I have just as them pay me 3 month of using this domain. It's just 6.66 UDS for 2 domain: yahoocupid.com and yahoocupid.net
It's make me fee this case must be a scam. Yahoo not have enough 6.66 USD to pay me!
Yahoo ( or Scammer ) think that I am stupid!
I'll use their check to verify who really they are!

Oh, by the way, Yahoo! trade mark is: Yahoo! not Yahoo only.
and in my countryside the word "yahoo" have thousands years ago.
How can they make it as the trade make with the popular word in my countryside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators