• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Help with portfolio selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
0
For some reason, I cannot seem to sell my domain portfolio.

I have sold many domains contained in the portfolio individually for decent amounts, but I guess a portfolio is a hard thing to sell. I put the portfolio up on ebay, and it only got .26 cents after a 5 day auction. The portfolio contains over 100 domains.

Anybody know any tips for selling entire portfolio's, or should I just sell individually?
 
It is always hard to sell portfolio, obviously no one what to pay for those they don't want, unless you go very cheap.
Selling individually is a better idea.
IMO.
 
Exactly My entire portfolio was appraised at peanuts compared to what the domains were worth developed . I just sold one domain what what the entire portfolio was appraised at and it has over 73 domains.
 
Depends on the quality of the names...if you have 100 worthless names in a portfolio, the entire collection is still worthless. If you have a few great domains however, that's another story
 
selling a portfolio is an entirely different concept that requires a different type of skill than selling a few good solid names.
Usually, selling portfolios happens when you sell to a MUCH larger portfolio owner than you. That is because it isnt just the domains, it is the renewal fees, tracking the domains etc...etc...
It is almost always easier to sell individual names than a portfolio, unless the portfolio contains names that are on the bad side, in which case, you are looking at getting very little money, probably from someone new in the industry who thinks they are getting a kick start with a bargain price.

In your case, since you have 100 domains, I would divide them into 10 groups of 10 names each, put them on ebay with no reserve, and link to your ebay sale whenever you can and on any site that you can. This will increase your total $ return on all 100 names.
 
Thanks everyone- great insight into this topic.

I agree with everything here.

I tried to sell the entire portfolio, and had an offer of low $xx,xxx on it, but then the buyer backed out.

A couple of weeks later, I sold one of the domains in the portfolio (a good CCTLD generic domain) for a decent $x,xxx price and have continued selling them individually, and see much better pricing.

I guess portfolio selling should be reserved for the ultra-experieced.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom