• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Help your Canadian friend here. MovieIndustry.ca, Seak.ca - what's the value?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
766
Reaction score
16
I have a few .ca's I would love to hear some feedback on.


I know .ca isn't as big as some of the other TLD's yet, so evaluating them isn't always easy. Just looking for some general thoughts:


MovieIndustry.ca
Seak.ca (I think this could be a dating site) (wrong spelling though.. so hmm)
TalentAgencies.ca
FindEmployment.ca (probably worthless without development IMHO)
WirelessMusic.ca
WirelessBanking.ca
Ps3games.ca
kems.ca
Environmentally.ca
Elastics.ca
wifm.ca



Obviously I do not expect you guys to give values for all of these. Even one would be great, these are the ones I am curious about though. I don't think many of these are worth much (at least right now).


Once again, thanks in advance for taking the time to view thie post. And if you took the time to come in here, PLEASE post a value, even if you aren't sure. Something is always better then nothing, right?


Thanks again!


Jay
 
FindEmployment.ca is the one I like best, and yes, with development it would be much better. Low to mid $XXX. Vancouver and Toronto both have large movie industries, but I can't see them falling overthemselves to get at that name, though again development would help it out.

As for .ca not being as strong in some people's minds - they will be the ones losing out. A .ca ranks as well as any .com in google.com and yahoo.com yet you pay a quarter to half what you do for the same .com. You can in turn spend that money on advertising, seo or both and place yourself at the top of the search engine rankings.

Canada's economy is strong and we are the only G8 country running a budget surplus - for over a decade now. With oil shooting through the roof money will not be a problem in Canada any time soon.
 
I agree, findemployment is the best natural name on the list that could be developped into some value. $xxx

Elastics.ca could be developped into a niche product site or sales site for different size and color elastics. $xxx

TalentAgencies is a good 'yellow pages' type name, could be used for a directory of acting/modelling agencies. $xxx

Others with some potential are environmentally and wirelessmusic,
good luck!
 
I have a few .ca's I would love to hear some feedback on.


I know .ca isn't as big as some of the other TLD's yet, so evaluating them isn't always easy. Just looking for some general thoughts:


MovieIndustry.ca
Seak.ca (I think this could be a dating site) (wrong spelling though.. so hmm)
TalentAgencies.ca
FindEmployment.ca (probably worthless without development IMHO)
WirelessMusic.ca
WirelessBanking.ca
Ps3games.ca
kems.ca
Environmentally.ca
Elastics.ca
wifm.ca
Jay

MovieIndustry.ca probably worthless $0
Seak.ca Worthless $0
TalentAgencies.ca not bad but usually "ies" doesn't attract as much as the singular "y" but could be developed $250
FindEmployment.ca I like this the best but definitely needs development. up to $2k to the right buyer.
WirelessMusic.ca OK $500
WirelessBanking.ca borderline $50
Ps3games.ca I don't follow playstation so I'm not sure......
kems.ca ??? Don't know what this represents??? $0 ??
Environmentally.ca worthless $0
Elastics.ca borderline $10
wifm.ca borderline $10

JMO:hat:
 
Thanks guys for all your evals!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom