• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Hi all! Just sayin' hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniss

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hi to y'all, I've just found this forum, but it seems very cozy here, so I think I'll stay for a while :)

My name is Dennis, and I run iphoneworld.ca and iphoneforum.info websites among others. Before I was involved in the gambling industry, before American govt. banned it.

So what kind of industries do y'all work in?

Best,

Dennis
 
:welcome: to DNF
 
Welcome Dennis. I'm a high-powered techie in my day job and a noob domainer at night. ;)
 
Hi and welcome :)..well i am being forced to study..i like making websites even though my coding skills are zero..i got crap domains which sometimes ell for good pocket money ..and yeah a full time lover :D
 
welcome to dnforum
 
Hi Dennis.
welcome! yes it is cozy here ;)
currently i live deep in a south american rainforest. i pick off the odd human as & when the desire arises :smilewinkgrin: lol
 
Hello Denniss,
It's really cozy here. And there're a lot of things to be learned...
 
Hi Dennis!!! Welcome to DNF!!!
 
Yeah - welcome Dennis. Nice to see you're in the iPhone area. Hopefully I might be able to sell you my iPhone collection when the thing takes off :D
 
Bienvenue! Welcome!

I currently live in Ottawa (the 6th City I've now lived in - originally from Labrador) but love going to Montreal to Party!

I'm a serial-employee @ 30+ jobs so far in life (not to mention the jobs that I've had but cannot put on my resume :S) - right now I am an IT/IM Systems Development Manager with the Fed Gov't by day and by night a Domainer/Developer/Infocrusader/Infropreneur! *puts on his cape* :D

DNF is one of the best communities on the Web imo and you will enjoy yourself here - I know I do!

I look forward to seeing you around the Forum,
Best Success in All your Endeavours!
 
Thanks for making me feel welcome, y'all! :) I really appreciate getting to know y'all, I think I'll really stay here for a long while, especially since this is a rather new industry for me... I've never been a "domainer", only a web content provider/publisher, so I definitely have a thing or two to learn from you about domain sales!

For example, in the past, I worked for a (now bancrupt) indie game publisher GameActive as PR/marketing manager, and later as North American editor/PR manager for www.GamersHell.com gaming news website (I was one of the original founders in year 2000...)

After that I tried to make it in the gambling industry, and I was only a few thousand dollars away from owning my own casino (website+engine+etc), but then Mr Bush banned online gambling in USA, so around 70% of revenue was lost (ouch, I know), so I abandoned that dream (maybe when Democrats come back into the office and unban gambling in 2008......).

So now I am trying to work on a few mobile phones news sites and forums (www.iphoneworld.ca for example), and between things I've decided to try domaining, especially since I own quite a lot of different domains from all the different things I've done over the years...

Yeah - welcome Dennis. Nice to see you're in the iPhone area. Hopefully I might be able to sell you my iPhone collection when the thing takes off :D

Thank you for the welcome! What kind of domain names do you have? One of my friends has an online iphone domains store (no matter how ridicolous that sounds :P), maybe we could list you there?

Hi Dennis.
welcome! yes it is cozy here ;)
currently i live deep in a south american rainforest. i pick off the odd human as & when the desire arises :smilewinkgrin: lol

That sounds rather cool! Where about in the Amazon are you? :)

Bienvenue! Welcome!

I currently live in Ottawa (the 6th City I've now lived in - originally from Labrador) but love going to Montreal to Party!

I'm a serial-employee @ 30+ jobs so far in life (not to mention the jobs that I've had but cannot put on my resume :S) - right now I am an IT/IM Systems Development Manager with the Fed Gov't by day and by night a Domainer/Developer/Infocrusader/Infropreneur! *puts on his cape* :D

DNF is one of the best communities on the Web imo and you will enjoy yourself here - I know I do!

I look forward to seeing you around the Forum,
Best Success in All your Endeavours!

Thank you for the welcome, always nice to see a fellow Canadian on forums :) You should come to Montreal more often, we obviously own Toronto for parties :))))

BTW, I'm not even French, however I still like Montreal best in Canada ;)

Welcome Dennis. I'm a high-powered techie in my day job and a noob domainer at night. ;)

How high powered? I've worked for Telus business internet support in the past, so I obviously don't consider myself to be high powered, but yeah, one of the things I've done :)

Hi and welcome :)..well i am being forced to study..i like making websites even though my coding skills are zero..i got crap domains which sometimes ell for good pocket money ..and yeah a full time lover :D

I feel ya man! I am going back to university starting next January, and I'm a bit scared about time management....

Which websites do you own/maintain?
 
Welcome to the forum, and get ready for one heck of a ride. You'll be up one min, and down the next all the time. What looks great one month, will be worth less then reg fee the next month.

Building sites, will keep you going so it's a good way to start. This is one market you learn as you go, and is mostly filled with missed names. But if you get that one big one, it will pay for all the bad ones and then some. They are few and far between, but if you stay at it you may make it work. But it's not easy, and you get out what you put into it mostly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom