Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hi from Bronte country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ!

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I've just decided to sell off some domains I'd been holding on to and this seemed like a good place to come and discuss matters.

Just a little background info about myself... I live near Haworth in West Yorkshire, UK - setting for the novel Wuthering Heights.

I got into domain trading by accident! I'd spotted a really clever 4-letter dotcom which two previous owners had dropped :) and bought it for my own use. I hadn't actually finished developing my games website when I got a call from a complete stranger who had done a WHOIS on the domain. After some haggling, he made me an offer I didn't want to refuse. Seeing how big that business now is makes me wish that I'd asked for even more money.

Anyway, I reinvested £1k of the profit in more domains, but I'm afraid that I got a bit carried away and bought a lot of stuff that was useless. I managed to sell a couple of domains for reasonable sums and had an offer from a Chinese company for a 3rd one. Unfortunately the language barrier got in the way and it was more hassle than it was worth so I let it drop. I just checked, and it now has a Chinese owner so what I learned from that is - if someone is interested - don't drop the domain! Overall, I lost about 3/4 of that £1k. I still have about 30 domains left and I'm going to do my best to go into profit with them.

To work...!

Register for the auction

rockey

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I've just decided to sell off some domains I'd been holding on to and this seemed like a good place to come and discuss matters.

Just a little background info about myself... I live near Haworth in West Yorkshire, UK - setting for the novel Wuthering Heights.

I got into domain trading by accident! I'd spotted a really clever 4-letter dotcom which two previous owners had dropped :) and bought it for my own use. I hadn't actually finished developing my games website when I got a call from a complete stranger who had done a WHOIS on the domain. After some haggling, he made me an offer I didn't want to refuse. Seeing how big that business now is makes me wish that I'd asked for even more money.

Anyway, I reinvested £1k of the profit in more domains, but I'm afraid that I got a bit carried away and bought a lot of stuff that was useless. I managed to sell a couple of domains for reasonable sums and had an offer from a Chinese company for a 3rd one. Unfortunately the language barrier got in the way and it was more hassle than it was worth so I let it drop. I just checked, and it now has a Chinese owner so what I learned from that is - if someone is interested - don't drop the domain! Overall, I lost about 3/4 of that £1k. I still have about 30 domains left and I'm going to do my best to go into profit with them.

To work...!

Welcome aboard CJ!
would appreciate if you could PM your domain list or post in the appropriate thread (NOT here since mod will move it in case you post it here);)

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome to dnforum

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi there....

Welcome to DNF....

there is also a LIVE Chat Room here...
hope to see you there sometime...

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow West Yorkshire domainer

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

To work...!

Hi CJ, I moved out to Oakworth after the divorce. I used to drink at the Old Hall and the Royal Oak.

CJ!

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fancy bumping into a couple of locals here! I actually live the other side of Oxenhope Moor in Hebden Bridge, but I cycle over to Haworth & Oakworth quite often. It's quite an 'interesting' trip by bike because of the steep little valley between them - plunge down a 20% gradient and then immediately have to grovel back up the other side again...:rolleyes:

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fancy bumping into a couple of locals here! I actually live the other side of Oxenhope Moor in Hebden Bridge, but I cycle over to Haworth & Oakworth quite often. It's quite an 'interesting' trip by bike because of the steep little valley between them - plunge down a 20% gradient and then immediately have to grovel back up the other side again...:rolleyes:

We are walkers not cyclists but we know what you mean.

We also did that monument on the hill above you.

CJ!

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are walkers not cyclists but we know what you mean.

We also did that monument on the hill above you.
800px-Stoodley_Pike_1.jpg

Stoodley Pike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators