Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

intro Hi. I need some help so that's why I'm here.

This thread is a member's introductory post on DNForum.com.

chilenet

Level 1
Reaction score
I look forward to jumping into the forum and reading about the experiences people are having regarding domain names.
I have a few domain names and get offers on some of them from time to time. But since I don't know much about valuation, selling hasn't been attractive.
I don't have the lowest number of letters "killer" domain names, but I have a few I want to know more about before I sell any of them.
Thanks!
Drew

Domain summit 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Value is subjective in many cases, some names are crap, others are gold, but most of the value is in short names (4L.com and shorter) or one word names, depending on their meaning. I have one that has meaning, but I am not sure how to use it commercially. As such, what good is it? If you get an offer, run it by me and I will be happy to see if you are getting a decent deal, leaving money on the table, or if you should take it and run.

chilenet

Level 1
Reaction score
Value is subjective in many cases, some names are crap, others are gold, but most of the value is in short names (4L.com and shorter) or one word names, depending on their meaning. I have one that has meaning, but I am not sure how to use it commercially. As such, what good is it? If you get an offer, run it by me and I will be happy to see if you are getting a decent deal, leaving money on the table, or if you should take it and run.
I have an offer for 10k for supercluster.com. I have been in a funk about selling it. The buyer wants to use Escrow.com. There are a lot of questionable reviews about escrow.com. I have pretty much said I don't want to sell. Any help would be appreciated. I saw beer called supercluster and I've seen a big Canadian project based on superclusters. Anyway I know all this can be seen by anyone but at this point I don't care. I just don't want to make a mistake.

chilenet

Level 1
Reaction score
Thank you for the comment and for checking out hotweather. I was about ready to sell for 10k then I saw supernatural.com sold for six figures recently and so it made me unsure about undervaluing supercluster. I'm biased but I would think supercluster would be more valuable, but then value is subjective as you pointed out. It could just be luck to get six figures on supernatural.com. I have no way to know for sure.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see that name sold for 125000 in 2010, so about 8 years ago. There is a big TV industry around that term, so that would account for that valuation, at least in part. Superclusters are more into science than sci-fi.

A supercluster is a large group of smaller galaxy clusters or galaxy groups; it is among the largest-known structures of the cosmos. The Milky Way is part of the Local Group galaxy group, which in turn is part of the Laniakea Supercluster. Wikipedia

I would say companies like Space.com would be more the brands that would want a name like that. I know of course that Space.com is already a brand, so I am not saying they would want it, I am saying someone that wanted to compete for the same type of audience.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you're crazy to post the offer and domain name here online, figure out what you want, counter or sit on it ...your choice, depending on your need for cash, the price changes too...personally I say..you have a nice size fish on the hook...if you are a fisherman reel it in, or cast again (counter offer) for a bigger one...

Questions to ask yourself:
What do I want to get?
How much do I have into this?
Do I need cash?
Do I think there are more buyers/end users that would pay for this?
Why did I post domain name in this thread(sorry couldn't resist) ?

Find someone to talk to with privately or talk in general about your names.

Aww WTF do I know...

Good Luck

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom