Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

High traffic name with 100% type in, niche traffic, park or develop? HELP NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I have a domain that has around 100 k uniques per month. The traffic is 100% type in and i know exactly what they users want by visiting my domain.
I currently have it parked at a well known parking company. The average ctr is about 15% and it makes decent money.

lately, i have been starting to think, if i really optimize the revenue good; by having it parked like this.

Lets say i have 500 clicks per day, i know exactly what all the users want, where they want to go, what they want to find.

of course, i have optimized the parking page after that. I think that it does ok, since the traffic on the domain is like 20% U.S and rest is a 150 countries mixed up with a few in 5-10% range like russia etc. ( a problem with making a custom lander/site would be that it has to be extremely "multilingual")

BUT, what if i set up an information site, install a google translate widget or use some kinda script to translate the info on the site and then i put google adsense ads on it or maybe even cpa forms (if i can find forms related).

Would this be a good thing to do? What should i do?

This post might be pretty messed up but im really confused over what to do, obviously the parking companies take their shares of the rev so an adsense page should get me a higher percentage of the actual rev? but would the language part of the site get so much worse that i´d loose an equal share in "bad language" ?

are tehre any other methods of monetizing traffic like htis? are there any experts in here? im willing to pay for consultation here since i think the gap between my current daily rev and what is actually possible might be huge.

Very thankful for all inputs on this.

Domain summit 2024

winsion292

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you want to sell it? ;) Actually, u have to try all the methods to see which one is the best. One thing you can try is CPA offer + Adsense. And it is always better to develop the site than park it.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you know your target try to sell them what they are looking for. If it's a product or service that you can sell either yourself or through an affiliate program, I'd try that before adsense.

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys!

100% of the visitors aim to install something, they have purchased the product already and when they come to my "parking page" they want to install what they bought. So what they want is to end up on their admin page or on a "how-to" page. Problem is that it would be hard to monetize that if it wouldnt be like a survey or similar since they are really not looking to buy anything.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Random thoughts...

Maybe build an installer package?

Outsource installations to someone/some group in India / Singapore / Philippines / China / etc ?

Or:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-....,cf.osb&fp=45ef1b06b437562d&biw=1633&bih=838

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-....,cf.osb&fp=45ef1b06b437562d&biw=1633&bih=838

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Also, not to state the obvious, but have you looked at the parked page? The visitors are clicking on something. See what they are clicking on & provide that service.

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You say that they are trying to install something they purchased. Does the domain have any trademarks in it?

If trademarked, I wouldn't risk developing the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom