• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Highyieldbond.us

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolz91

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
After reading google news, I hand-regg. this domain today. It has a few type-ins already! Worth more than reg. fee?


Any comments or appraisals appreciated!!

thanks!:peace:
 
Catchy names ;-) Mid $xxx's
 
Hi! Nice domain. I'd say low $XXX.
 
I'm surprised it gets type-ins. Is there some reason in particular that people are typing the .us extension? I think the typical problem with alternate extensions is that people who are informed enough to know about them are generally informed enough to use search engines.
I would have said very little value given that it is not plural and that it is .us extension.
 
I agree with duckinla here, plural is bad and the .us extension anyway, I doubt anyone that is appraising those domains at low to mid $xxx would be willing to pay a reseller price of lets say 25% of that, I think a good measure is usually asking yourself if you yourself would buy it for 25-33% of that as a reseller..I cant say I could..close to regfee in my opinion..
 
thanks for the comments! I'm not sure where the type-ins are from yet. I would be happy if I get xxx for it. Don't have time to develop it.

Not sure I understand plural or not. Some say plural is bad, keep it generic. Others say plural is better for this name.

.us ext seems to work well with financial names?

thanks again.
 
I'm pretty sure the traffic is from you typing in the address bar & Search engine bots. Any website even adfaskfjqdqeriqoeruqerqdrqwerwe.com will get traffic from SE bots
 
plural is better if it is more frquently used in plural in an economic sense, for example: cars is better than car because if you build a website you don't want it to be about just one car, and stocks is better than stock because who wants to buy just one stock, it just doesnt sound right, so unless you are planning on a website that focuses on one particular high yield bond the plural is better, in some cases the singular is better, for example: fire vs. fires just ask yourself which one singular/or plural you would rather type in or build a website around..
 
thanks for the insight domainah! Still a newbie<---
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom