NEWS Hijacked Domain cwr.com

• Dear DNForum.com user,

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. As we are based in Gibraltar which is part of the EU and we have customers all over the world we are obligated to follow the new regulation as of May 25, 2018.

Accordingly, although we must request full contact information from each of you so our systems and webpage may continue to function we will restrict processing and data transfers as much as possible. When logged into DNForum.com we will display only your chosen handle and no other specific information unless requested by you. In order to request your specific information be revealed please go into your account settings and check the radio boxes next to the information. By default all information is private.

To cover all aspects of GDPR we have published a new / updated agreement (which includes our terms and privacy policy) that will become effective on May 25, 2018. It may be found at: https://www.dnforum.com/help/terms/

Onward and upwards;

Best DNForum.com

Ralphix

Jan 3, 2019
Oberdiessbach
Yes thanks for all your help. I wanted to start with my new startup business this week but now I had to stop all the preparation work. That's Bad Luck. I wanted also deal out another Name in a high 5 figures range on Sedo Platform, but I don't go further with that at the moment.

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
It seems that the Uni listing is the old owner.. But they have reached out to him since his data does not match current whois..

I will leave the whois up for now, but we cant let it stand. It contains other peoples info in plain text.

Mr. Deleted

Community Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Jul 24, 2004
Planet Earth
www.slabaugh.org
banner
I wanted also deal out another Name in a high 5 figures range on Sedo Platform, but I don't go further with that at the moment.
careful, I would get a domaintools membership first and look at the historical whois and make sure you are dealing with a real owner not a thief. Call the old listed owner first.

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
Domaintools memberships are crazy expensive.. An alternative is to buy a domain rapport from reg.com .. Its 3$ per domain and gives you full whois history.

Last edited:

Ralphix

Jan 3, 2019
Oberdiessbach
Yes thanks you are all right. I have already received from somebody the histories of my lost domain and also from another stolen domain ( GHE.com) and there are a few parallels with my case (not published here). I want just to build up my business.

Ralphix

Jan 3, 2019
Oberdiessbach
First a great thanks to the DNForum Team for your help. Unfortunately I haven't had any success in getting my money back but I have collected a lot of informations and this guy try again to sell this domains on different platforms also on perfectdomain.com. I am going now to warn other sales platforms for deal with this names CWR.COM.

Ralphix

Jan 3, 2019
Oberdiessbach
Seems it was an easy scam.

1. Put a valuable domain in its own account with a newly created email.
2. List domain at Sedo or other sales platform
3. Sell domain and get paid under scam whois and overseas bank
4. Use real info and tell registrar the domain was stolen.

Ralphix

Jan 3, 2019
Oberdiessbach
A new kind of criminality is born on the domain market supported from many registrars and nobody can do something to prevent such stories. That's a shame. What I can do is to warn a few sales platform when I see such listed names.

RobM

DNForum Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Oct 12, 2003
Malta
banner
Seems it was an easy scam.

1. Put a valuable domain in its own account with a newly created email.
2. List domain at Sedo or other sales platform
3. Sell domain and get paid under scam whois and overseas bank
4. Use real info and tell registrar the domain was stolen.
Is this definitely what happened?

Ralphix

Jan 3, 2019
Oberdiessbach
Somebody was getting for me Informations about the history (Whois) of the domain cwr.com:

WHOIS Registrant Name History of CWR.com according to DomainIQ
December 2014 -- RJR Enterprises Chuck Risley
April 2015 -- Perfect Privacy, LLC [possibly updated 2015-03-12T19:03:30Z]
October 17th, 2018 -- Glenn Smith [possibly updated 2018-10-07T17:26:04Z] *tagging @ninjadomain for comment*
October 18th, 2018 -- Alejandro Garcia Briseno* [possibly updated 2018-10-18T04:19:32Z] agb_1@hotmail.com
October 25th, 2018 -- Perfect Privacy [possibly updated 2018-10-24T18:04:20Z]
December 5th, 2018 -- Protected, WhoisGuard [p. updated 2018-11-03T07:30:15Z] alejandro@cdcybernet.com**
December 19th, 2018 -- Daehler, R (assuming @Daehler Ralph) [p. updated 2018-12-14T11:47:03Z]
January 4th, 2019 -- RJR Enterprises Chuck Risley [p. updated 2019-01-04T17:21:13Z]
**Registrant Name shows Protected WHOIS Guard, yet it reveals WHOIS Info. The address listed appears to be a UPS store.
upload_2019-1-4_13-56-11.png

Hosting History
upload_2019-1-4_13-53-57.png
Last edited: Friday at 11:12 PM
What we see here exactly in the history of whois what happened. Stolen 17. October and transferred to a oversea account (or fake) on 18. October and listed for sale on different plattforms also Sedo.

Ralphix

Jan 3, 2019
Oberdiessbach
I have contacted Network Solution to help in clearing the situation and getting some money back. No response. This happens unfortunately a lot with Domains from Network Solutions what I have found out on the web. I have connected now a few computer newspaper and it seems that they are interested in telling about this story. Thanks to all.