• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed HillaryRodhamClinton.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princehull

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
444
Reaction score
0
Could some of you please give me your thoughts on this one? I am looking to develop into a fan and info site.
Thanks!
 
Last edited:
damn! thanks for the info! After reading through the whole thing I get from it (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that the person using the other domain set it up exclusively for commercial purposes and on a site that had nothing to do with Clinton. Also from reading it, it seems that if one were to use a domain for non-commercial, such as a fan forum, etc, then that would be okay. Again, please correct me if I am wrong as I am not a lawyer and still learning about these things..........
Thanks again!
 
It appears Mrs. Clinton won her name based purely on the fact that it was her name.

It was not Mrs. Jermaine Robinson taking the owner of HillaryClinton.com to task on this.

The European courts seem to be even more favorable to the famous person based on some decisions I have seen - especially cases involving famous footballers (soccer players).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom